Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ?

+12
johndiv23
TL Disney
bruce99
JoyJoyfulTheRabbit
Ruby
Minz
Mertang
brettxw
Poke
Keep your head up
Josh
zelmey
16 posters

Go down

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ? Empty Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ?

Post by zelmey Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:04 am

Tell me do you have anything you hate about facebook?

Title expanded and Moved from Facebook support other problems to ( I think ) Facebook General
zelmey
zelmey
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ? Empty Re: Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ?

Post by Josh Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:25 pm

The new chat bar on the right hand side of the screen. Dork
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ? Empty Re: Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ?

Post by Keep your head up Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:33 pm

I still miss the old facebook.Those good old days where there were app boxes under our profile pictures...app tabs on our profiles. </3
Keep your head up
Keep your head up
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zelmey Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah .. i agree with that
zelmey
zelmey
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Everything. It sucks like so bad. Happy
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by brettxw Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:15 am

I'm sure there is or will be a plugin of some sort *firefox* that will transform it to look like the older style.
brettxw
brettxw
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mertang Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 am

Everyone spends so much time on it and forget to live!
Mertang
Mertang
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Minz Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:40 pm

what happens to me right now :\
i couldn't access to my Facebook home , profile and inbox tab !
it redirects me to https://www.facebook.com/advertising , and there's no solution till now :\
Minz
Minz
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Minz wrote:what happens to me right now :\
i couldn't access to my Facebook home , profile and inbox tab !
it redirects me to https://www.facebook.com/advertising , and there's no solution till now :\

Why do you seek to hijack this thread when you have your own thread running elsewhere?

Have you yet read that thread and responded to it ?

@mertang
Everyone spends so much time on it and forget to live!

Well said!!!!! Yay
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JoyJoyfulTheRabbit Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 pm

The new chat bar on the right hand side of the screen too. The new message that mixed with "Chat"... and App page. Tongue
JoyJoyfulTheRabbit
JoyJoyfulTheRabbit
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce99 Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:18 pm

I am gen x, and as i dont spend much time on it, the next time i visit everything has changed. And I dont think that it is really that intuitive in the way that it skips to different sections etc. But thats just me ...
bruce99
bruce99
Rookie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by johndiv23 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:05 am

I love the old school Facebook, it was easy to navigate compared to the new one.
johndiv23
johndiv23
Regular

Back to top Go down

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ? Empty Games played notification

Post by Colleen M Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I dislike the new panel on the right side of the screen when playing a game that tells all my friends what games I played and when (and what games my friends played and when). I definitely don't need everyone knowing when and how much time I waste on FB, and I don't need to know what my friends are playing either!
Colleen M
Colleen M

Back to top Go down

Post by tina69rock Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:39 pm

I still miss the old facebook.Those good old days where there were app boxes under our profile pictures...app tabs on our profiles. </3

tina69rock
tina69rock

Back to top Go down

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ? Empty Custom Privacy Settings OVERWRITTEN

Post by kippo Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Custom privacy settings are over written whenever you change them when making a post. Altering the 'Make Visible To' list from within the Status update window used to only take effect FOR THAT POST and that post only. Now these settings override the Default setting that where setup in the Privacy section.

e.g. I save my default settings to only allow "List A" of friends to see every post from within the main 'Control Your Default Privacy' custom setting.

I make a Status update and as expected only friends on List A can see the post.

I make another Status update but decide that the post is also appropriate for "List B" of friends too. From within the Status update box I click the combo box to select who can see the post, I click Custom (already the default) and add List B to the 'Make this Visible to' list and Save. This status update is now visible by friends in List A and List B.

Previously this would have no consequence, my Default Custom settings would remain UNCHAGED. However now the setting are OVERWRITTEN

NOW if I decide to comment on a friends post, both List A and List B can see that comment. Previously my Default custom settings would have remained and only List A would continue to see my posts BY DEFAULT.

Default settings are NOT default if they are permently overwitten when an on the fly alertation is made!!!!!

kippo
kippo

Back to top Go down

Do you have anything you hate about Facebook ? Empty pop up when I captial letter

Post by eggomaniac Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:32 pm

in News forums, but not in chat when I capitalise a stupid friend 'suggest' pops up. hate? yes!
AND I just read they are taking the Discussions Tab away!! WTF!!! I Use THAT a LOT!
In forums and emails I post Links to Topics,,, let me KEEP mine !!!
eggomaniac
eggomaniac
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce99 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:19 am

i havent used my personal facebook much, but now that I am trying to get a home business page up and running, I am finding that the official help information seems to be much worse or less than many forum posts. and it doesnt seem that intuitive.

For instance I made a welcome page, but cant find how to move the button from the left column to the top, and if it really matters.

then when I went to edit the FBML or whatever hacked html code, the app kept giving me some no edit box. It did this all day yesterday, then today it decides to grant access again. Is this normal?
bruce99
bruce99
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down