New look Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New look Forum

Post by aspen on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 am

I already miss the old look Forum with the ease of latest posts and view your own posts etc. Is there much chance of getting these features back. Cry
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Re: New look Forum

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:12 am

The buttons that used to be under the banner are now inside the banner. Click on the "Important Links" button, and you will find what you're looking for. Matter of fact, now that all the links are in one place, the new format should save you some time!

Back to top Go down

Post by johndiv23 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:28 am

Well a change is not bad, but since we used to the old one we get lost at times but i do like the new changes.
johndiv23
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 am

Pretty cool updates but i think it is more organize now then before. We got used to the old one we would get used to the new one as well.
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:48 am

The only thing I don't like about this update is the fact that there really isn't anything to click on to get back to the forum page. The link at the top and the Forum button on the nav bar are both small.

Is it possible to make it so that the the facebook forum banner thing at the top left can lead back to the forum?

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:27 pm

iFacebook wrote:The only thing I don't like about this update is the fact that there really isn't anything to click on to get back to the forum page. The link at the top and the Forum button on the nav bar are both small.
The new navbar/banner design was intended to make it simpler for Facebook users to utilize the many features of this board. The "Forum" link on the navbar is the same size as the "Home" link on Facebook, in the same relative location, and it's available on every page. And as you said, there are two links to click to get back to the forum page.

I would agree that removing the link from the banner, and removing the banner from all but the homepage, makes this board different than any other forumotion forum. But most of this board was already different than any other forumotion forum. That's a huge plus, and no doubt why so many would-be forumotion board designers try to rip features from here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Another suggestion is a notifications tab (similar to the Friends/Private Messages/Wall Messages). For example, if you watch a topic for replies, you get a notification when there is a reply.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 pm

One can have an email sent when there is a reply to a watched topic. However, any other form of notification would require changes to the PHP scripts. Since you were once ESF staff, I think you know how likely it is that the good folks at eToxic would consider a request from someone who isn't French. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks Dion for pointing me in the right direction.I found though that the pop up links at the bottom are out of view until I scroll down as I use a 10inch screen.So easy to miss.
Thanks. happy
Yes it is pretty cool.

Last edited by aspen on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added compliment)
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 pm

It also appears like the bottom of the forum is off by a couple pixels.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks for the report...the problem should be fixed now. I also fixed a couple browser-specific bugs, and improved page loading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Nope, it's still unaligned at the bottom. I'm using Chrome.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm

i see the same thing and im using safari.
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Does it look any better now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:20 pm

still looks the same.
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 pm

It's fixed now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Yay, it looks better now! lol Awesome Face
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Yeah, problem solved.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by facebookbanners on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:21 am

Excellent post I must say.. Simple but yet entertaining and engaging.. Keep up the awesome work!
facebookbanners
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:15 am

This topic is 'Solved' a while ago so.... Locked

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content