changing phone number for locked account

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

changing phone number for locked account

Post by sasavat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:37 am

Hi, my son is on facebook and hi asked me to solve his major problem. Anyway, someone has changed his password for facebook account, and temperarly locked my sons account.
I solved problem with password, he has a newone now, but his account is locked. I tryed to unlock it but facebook keep sending codes to phone number which my son has lost together with the phone some times ago.
Can you change that phone number or snd code to email adress of his or mine.
Sorry for my bad English language, this is not my native language.
Best regards.

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Re: changing phone number for locked account

Post by Ruby on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 am

sasavat wrote:Hi, my son is on facebook and hi asked me to solve his major problem. Anyway, someone has changed his password for facebook account, and temperarly locked my sons account.

Did he check the email from Facebook about this ?

I solved problem with password, he has a newone now, but his account is locked

Why is it locked?

I tryed to unlock it but facebook keep sending codes to phone number which my son has lost together with the phone some times ago.

How did he try to unlock it ?
Can you change that phone number or snd code to email adress of his or mine.

We on this forum can do nothing to help you with that Sad

Next question; how if at all is his computer protected? with what programs ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 am

TY for been so kind to answer me in so short time.
- Yes, we checked email from FB, but no message about code for unlock account
- Why is it locked ? We do not know, someone is lock it, probably same person who changed his password.
- We try to unlock it thrue the form on FB
Your account is temporarily locked.
We've temporarily locked your account so no one else can log in as you. To regain access, please complete this quick security check.
We push the button CONTINUE and this come:
Enter confirmation code
A code was sent to your following number: ........7212

Once you've received your confirmation code, please enter it below. This will help confirm your account ownership.
Of course, I masked phone number now.

the problemm is that he lost his phone with SIM card and we can not reach the code which was sent by FB team.
The quastion is: how to change phone number for receiving code from FB, and can FB sent code for unlock account to his email adress instead of phone number which is not avaliable anymore?

And yes, our computer is protected by KIS 2011 and Zemana AntiLogger.
Thanks and best regards.

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 am

We are trying to solve that problem since some time ago. Unfortunately, we did not finish procedure
I"m not asking You to solve our problem, I"m asking for advice how can I solve this problem and is there any way to do it.
My doughter had same problem in same time, and I solve it with regullar procedure, but her phone number is correct and avaliable.
So, is there any way to ask FB team to send code for unlock account to email adress - not by phone?
Thank You very much, and best regards.

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:10 pm

If someone tried to change the Password on the Facebook account the Facebook account owner will have had an email from Facebook about this

Can the account owner see if he can find that email ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Well, on Avg 7. at 19.45 he received message from The Facebook Team:
Hey Nemanja,
You recently changed your Facebook password. As a security precaution, this notification has been sent to all email addresses associated with your account.
If you did not change your password, your account may have been the victim of a phishing scam. Please follow the link to regain control over your account:
LINK...
2 more messages on Avg. 7. and 2 more on Avg. 8. came from FB, same txt but diferent codes for change password.
2 more messages on Avg. 8.,
2 more messages on Avg. 10.
4 more messages today
and, finaly, 1 more today, but that was the real one, becouse, I send request for password change on his FB account (this time I changed password with "green" strenght meter with about 20 caracters.
Unfortunately, when we try to log in on his FB account, the form is:

" Your account is temporarily locked.
We've temporarily locked your account so no one else can log in as you. To regain access, please complete this quick security check.

I pushed CONTINUE button, but it wrote:

" Your account is temporarily locked.
Enter confirmation code
A code was sent to your following number: ........7212
Once you've received your confirmation code, please enter it below. This will help confirm your account ownership.

The problem is phone number: my son does not have SIM card with this number, becouse he lost it together with phone.

Is there any way for sending that code for unlock account to his official email or to my email adress.
1 more time: he does not have problem with password for account, that is OK,
he does have problem with locked account and, unfortunately, losted phone number.

One more thanks at advance.
Best regards,

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:06 pm

This computer is the only one at the house, users are: my son, my doughter and myself.

I can not claim that they not using somebodys else comp, but this one is clean, and does not have any viruses, worm and anything like this. It is too valuable machine, and I am doing everything to protect content (I do electronics and maintance at official service workshop).

Sory once more for boreing You, but this is problem which I can not solve, and I am "great dad"

Thanks

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:10 am

I apologize once again,
Nemanja, my son, has just said that he pressed the lock button on his Facebook account when he was trying to login to FB account because he saw that someone uses his FB account. It has been seen with the sister's FB account, and he simply locked his account during the password recovery procedure.

Can you tell me please what to do to unlock my son's FB account?
Is there a way to send a code for unlocking the account on the email address instead of a phone number?
What can I do to re-equip my son's FB account?

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 pm

OK, is there any chance that You answer the question about the solution to my problem? If there is no way to get the answer, I think that my opinion of the FB will change.
Thank You, and be well and happy.

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sasavat on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 am

Hi Ruby,
please answer me: whether it is worth it to send you a PM with the address of my son's FB account. I can offer all the information you need to send the code for unlocking his FB account, but code must be sent to his email adress, not to his phone number (see text above).
Will You, please, be so kind, to answer me and solve a huge problem of mine?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

sasavat
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum