Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed

2 posters

Go down

was that topic helpful ??!!

Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Vote_lcap0%Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Vote_lcap0%Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Empty Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed

Post by moody.metallized Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:52 pm

as we know BackTrack 5 released with a punch of exploites , VNC , social engineer toolkit ... etc

about me : I use BT5 for learning purposes , i tried most of things in it , to get "CEH" certification , and am stick to " Hacking Ethics " . so i just wanted to warn ppl here how to secure there computers from my experiences so they don't lose FB accounts and other stuff . Happy

you need to secure your computer as well ;

1- Computer security :
Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials , it supports Windows XP 32-bit & Windows Vista/Windows 7 32-bit & Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit .

N.B : XP 64-bit users will need to use Norton 360 , as it is the best anti-virus till now .
ppl using symantic you have to know ,that it doesn't have Firewall so you will need to get your windows firewall UPDATED

**--how to know if you are 32 or 64 bit--**

*WINDOWS VISTA/7 :
1- press start
2- type in the start search-box system
3- click on system information
4- on the left look for system type

Note :
For a 64-bit version operating system: x64-based PC appears for the System type
For a 32-bit version operating system: x86-based PC appears for the System type.

**WINDOWS XP :
1- press start & then click RUN
2- type in the run box winmsd.exe
3- on the left locate Processor

Note :
Processor starts with x86, the computer is running a 32-bit version of Windows.
Processor starts with ia64 or AMD64, the computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows.

2- disable remote control

Q:WHY SHOULD I DISABLE REMOTE ACCESS "TO" OR "FROM" MY PC ?
A: well , LAPTOP (used BackTrack 5) i used exploits , scripts , java downloadable executable , phishing , cloning , and it all worked on PC (victim) ...... PC(VICTIM) : 1- exploits worked because my FIREWALL was not up-to-date .
2- java executable worked because i didn't have ANTI-VIRUS installed , so my system was accessed Remotely .
3- phishing me was easy because i click on links i don't know , N.B : there is no webpage that will ask you to enter your E-mail and password to join them (scams) .

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT , HACKING BECAME EASY , START PROTECTING YOUR SYSTEM FROM NOW TO AVOID GETTING HACKED

*WINDOWS 7/VISTA :
1- press start then Control Panel
2- click on Windows Firewall
3-on the right panel click on Allow a program or feature through windows firewall
4- locate Remote Desktop & remote assistance , remove the CHECK MARK on the left of their names
5- Click OK

ADDITIONAL STEPS
1-press start
2-right-click on computer ---> properties
3-on the left pane click on Advance system settings
4- go to remote tab
5- remove the check mark on allow remote assistance connections to this computer
6- under it choose don't allow connections to this computer

3- Protect your FB account
click on account -->account setting --> on the left pane click SECURITY then

*Secure Browsing
it's good to use this option "HTTPS" to secure browsing , then logout & login again.
**Login Notifications
it's best used to get track of your recent login activity , every time you access from another mobile or pc you will be notified via E-mail.
***Login Approvals
personally i don't like this option , but the best part you will have to type specific code you configured to access your account from unknown pc or mobile.
****Recognized Devices
when you have a recognized pc available you won't be notified via-Email for that recognized pc or mobile.
*****Active Sessions
ahaaa , the most important option , active sessions shows you detailed location from where you're logged in , that is good option to find if your account is being used by someone else.

ENJO!
CHEERS;
Punk MOODY METALLIZED Punk

Last edited by Ruby on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : All staff colors removed)
moody.metallized
moody.metallized
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Empty Re: Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 am

Moved from General to Staff section for review and on to Technology

All staff colors removed

FYI; I note you tell people to install Microsoft Antivirus ?

You cannot tell anyone what antivirus program they wish to use; the choice is theirs alone; what you can also do is suggest other antivirus programs for them to choose from ...

I also suggest you do not tell people to go for Norton as its reputation is not very good and it misses more infections than it seems to find !!

By your own admission you clicked on a suspicious link...and got infected and hacked?

Never ever click on a link you do not know and especially in emails...if you are not expecting the email do not reply to it nor investigate it!!!

You forget to mention to make sure the Windows version is fully up to date with its Patches; that all browsers used are up to date and have been downloaded from legal official web sites

That it is never a good idea to do P2P stuff on a computer as that is guaranteed to get you infected...

That your Chosen antivirus program updates at least daily and is run on a full computer scan maybe at least weekly

That you have a healthy batch of malware- finding programs too!!

Malwarebyes and Superantispyware seem to the the programs of choice these days ....

Problem with Mac computers is people they cannot get infected? They can, and Sophos antivirus program is recommended happy
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed Empty Re: Protect your pc from frauding , fishing , remotely accessed

Post by moody.metallized Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Wow , i was convinced with what you wrote than mine Happy

You cannot tell anyone what antivirus program they wish to use; the choice is theirs alone; what you can also do is suggest other antivirus programs for them to choose from ...

actually i was afraid of that anti-virus when i knew it's FREE so i just needed to test it , and found it worth installing , it's scans (archive files , removable drives , all downloads ) plus it monitors incoming/outgoing files , network inspection (for exploits) .

I also suggest you do not tell people to go for Norton as its reputation is not very good and it misses more infections than it seems to find !!

i know it's reputation not good but norton 360 proven itself .

You forget to mention to make sure the Windows version is fully up to date with its Patches; that all browsers used are up to date and have been downloaded from legal official web sites

some ppl turn off auto-update , so i wanted to let them know security updates is top priority , then the windows updates.

i will edit my post as soon as i modify the one in my notepad Happy

CHEERS;
moody.metallized
moody.metallized
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:44 pm

actually i was afraid of that anti-virus when i knew it's FREE so i just needed to test it , and found it worth installing , it's scans (archive files , removable drives , all downloads ) plus it monitors incoming/outgoing files , network inspection (for exploits) .

I assume you did uninstall the antivirus program you already had on board as you are guaranteed to get infected if you have more than one Resident Antivirus program!!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by moody.metallized Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:52 am

I assume you did uninstall the antivirus program you already had on board as you are guaranteed to get infected if you have more than one Resident Antivirus program!!

actually i'am using Microsoft security essentials , and it's the only anti-virus installed . Very Happy
moody.metallized
moody.metallized
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down