Additional terms of use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Additional terms of use?

Post by cryder on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Facebook has a altered its terms of use for Facebook PAGES.
It is: #9. You may not establish terms beyond those set forth in these terms to govern the posting of content by users on a Page.

Anybody know what this mean?
cryder
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Re: Additional terms of use?

Post by aspen on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi cryder,
What I gather and I am only a forumer here not an expert is that you can not make up your own rules. You have to stick to the terms/rules that Facebook dictate for the "Facebook Pages Terms" . It would have made more sense for #9 to be rule #10, but I guess rule #10 has got a bit of leeway and is open to interpretation.

Terms relevant in link below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cryder on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm curious because we are in the education world and we want to make sure that nobody mentions kids grades or starts talking about teachers. We want to have the option to delete these types of posts.
cryder
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by aspen on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:01 pm

I run a Fan page were I have not allowed posts to the wall only comments to my posts. by going to Edit page>Manage permissions
this stops any spam getting on your page through that means. I have seen inappropriate posts on the wall of other similar sites especially from people who do not agree with you. I disallow inappropriate language but allow differences of opinion. If these people become offensive I then block them. A suggestion is to check your page regularly to ensure nothing you wish to see is posted as a comment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by aspen on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adjusted link)
aspen
SN Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:42 pm

To the thread Starter; has this now been resolved? If we have no feedback from you within the next 7 days this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Section without further notification

Thanks

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum