not recognized as Group administrator

View previous topic View next topic Go down

not recognized as Group administrator

Post by James Richard Bailey on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:08 pm

I created a group called Namekagon Notebook Discussions in order to facilitate comment making on my blog. I am the only administrator. I didn't pay much attention, went along creating documents just fine. When I desired to Invite Friends to join, I discovered I could not, and have no way of doing any administrative function. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that I was recently blocked for making friend requests of people who say they don't know me. That restriction has passed, though. How do I administer my group site? Am I blocked from my own site? Help!
James Richard Bailey

Back to top Go down

Re: not recognized as Group administrator

Post by Ruby on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 pm

James Richard Bailey wrote: I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that I was recently blocked for making friend requests of people who say they don't know me. That restriction has passed, though.

How do you know for certain that that 'restriction ' has been lifted?

Who has told or how have you been told ?

Why was that restriction imposed originally?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by James Richard Bailey on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I know it has been lifted because I am once again allowed to make friend requests. I was told of the action when I attempted to Add Friend, and a pop up appeared saying that I would be restricted from doing so for 14 days. When the restriction's time was up, I still couldn't do it, so I filed a complaint and the next day I once again could Add Friend. It originally was imposed because I made friend requests of people with whom I had a dozen or more common acquaintances, or were people who I remember having met and interacted with. Problem is, I've been a newspaper reporter and public radio executive since 1984, and I have had passing acquaintance status with literally thousands of people. I'm a freak, I remember almost all of them. They are normal, and often don't remember me, especially when I use my full name instead of "Jim". Thank you, by the way, for being a volunteer problem solver!
James Richard Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:09 am

May we ask if you have yet managed to log into your own site yet?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by James Richard Bailey on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 am

No, unfortunately, I have not been able to. I look forward to your assistance in this matter. Thank you. - Jim
James Richard Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:10 am

May we ask if you have now managed to log into this yet?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by James Richard Bailey on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 am

Yes, I am now able to log in as group administrator. I lodged a complaint with fb and apparently they took care of it. Thanks for asking.
James Richard Bailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 am

James Richard Bailey wrote:Yes, I am now able to log in as group administrator. I lodged a complaint with fb and apparently they took care of it. Thanks for asking.

Many thanks for the courtesy of your feedback and for letting us know!!

Moved from Group to solved

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum