Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook roadblock loop

2 posters

Go down

facebook roadblock loop Empty facebook roadblock loop

Post by jaseofspades Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 am

HI
I am hoping that someone out there can help. About 6 days ago I went to access my FB account from my laptop and it sent me to a roadblock screen. Said something about a recent problem with fb and wanted me to verify who I was etc. No problem. I went through the steps verifying with captcha, my DOB and coming up with a new password. It then went back to the normal login screen and when I put in my email address and new password the roadblock screen appeared again. So I am now stuck in this loop. I have reset my password a million times, I have gone through the help menus and it has done nothing to help, I have submitted bug report forms, I have reset cookies, cache etc, I even emailed fb a photo ID of myself and had that verified and still cannot get into my account because of this Dang roadblock cycle. I have looked on the web and it seems that there are a lot of people with the same problem. I hope someone can help me.
jaseofspades
jaseofspades

Back to top Go down

facebook roadblock loop Empty Re: facebook roadblock loop

Post by Ruby Tue May 01, 2012 4:15 am

jaseofspades wrote: About 6 days ago I went to access my FB account from my laptop
Is this your normal machine to access Facebook and did you try to access Facebook in your normal location or have you moved to a new location?

Said something about a recent problem with fb and wanted me to verify who I was etc

Have you yet checked your email for any from Facebook telling you about this ?.

I have reset my password a million times

This may not help you to get back into Facebook Sad

I even emailed fb a photo ID of myself and had that verified

To whom did you send this and who had requested it?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jaseofspades Tue May 01, 2012 6:01 am

I was accessing my account from my laptop from the same wireless ip address as the previous 6 weeks.

Every time I have changed my password I do get a password change notification email from fb. But I don't think I had an initial email from facebook saying about a possible security issue.

On one of the help menus (i think, i have been through so many!!) there is a link about verifying yourself with government ID (drivers license, passport etc) seems a bit much but had an email from fb saying that was received and verified too.

Essentially I went through the help menus for 'I cannot login' and 'spam,hacked account' because my issues has arisen from what I believe was a spam/hack issue but now I cant login so i was sort of stuck between the two.
jaseofspades
jaseofspades

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm

What happens when you try to log into Facebook on this URL?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and of interest how, if at all ,is that machine Protected while on the internet?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jaseofspades Wed May 02, 2012 4:34 pm

same roadblock problem im afraid.

I am using the standard firewall on my mac. If it helps, my mac is a power pc g4 so its not like one of the new intel macs which (some say) could be more susceptible to viruses. I have virus checked a couple of times and have come up clean. Thinking back I think my fb account got hit with a spam issue as I had an attachment sent from a friend (on fb)which was a link to nothing. Probably 2 days later my fb account sent out emails to everyone in my list saying something about cheap ipads. I changed my password because I figured that it was hacked etc but it was another 2 or 3 days after that the roadblock appeared. Like I said, virus scans on my laptop have come up negative. Ran spyware etc scans and didnt have anything particularly malicious, tracking cookies etc but thats it, but literally nothing flagged as threatening.
I could have understood it if the roadblock appeared straight after this attachemtn from my friend but it was days later and i had changed my password. It makes no sense. To be still happening now is just ridiculous. I hope this info helps. Anything more please ask. I am still holding out hope that this can somehow be resolved because there is some important addresses on my fb account that I really need to access.
jaseofspades
jaseofspades

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu May 03, 2012 1:30 pm

jaseofspades wrote: I have virus checked a couple of times and have come up clean.
With what program please?

Ran spyware etc scans and didnt have anything particularly malicious, tracking cookies etc but thats it,
Can you tell us what programs please?

Do you have any reports from Programs you have run to show us?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jaseofspades Fri May 04, 2012 6:52 am

I have calmxav and macscan. reportwise, after running the scans and then quarantining and removing the cookies I don think I save reports. On a positive note my FB is finally back. What the problem is i still do not know. Essentially I found every email address I could for facebook no matter what department and emailed them every day since it happened (it took 10 days to finally sort). The person who seemed to get things done for me was the person who replied to tell me that me photo ID was accepted and verified for my account. As it was an individual email address and not a generic one it seems that eventually and with much pestering you can get a positive result. Thank you for al of your help too. If you find out why this bug happens i would love to know so as to try and avoid and know how to rectify if it happens again.
Cheers
Jason
jaseofspades
jaseofspades

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri May 04, 2012 12:11 pm

jaseofspades wrote:I have calmxav and macscan.

Am I correct that neither of these is a resident antivirus program on that machine? ( IE they do an on demand scan but are not up -and -running all the time?

If so may I suggest that on that mac you actually try

But as always the' Disclaimer'; download and run at your own risk

On a positive note my FB is finally back.

Good!!!

What the problem is i still do not know.

If you do take on the sophos I strongly suggest you do a full computer scan with it !!

Essentially I found every email address I could for facebook no matter what department and emailed them every day since it happened (it took 10 days to finally sort).

I guess that that is one way to get the attention of Facebook !!

The person who seemed to get things done for me was the person who replied to tell me that me photo ID was accepted and verified for

Do you know that email address as that may help others too ?

Thank you for al of your help too. If you find out why this bug happens i would love to know so as to try and avoid and know how to rectify if it happens again.
Cheers
Jason

Many thanks but I think that if you can do the suggested scan with sophos and give us the report we can then see what may be going on ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 am

As you are now back into Facebook I am marking this thread as solved and moving it to the solved section

That said

If you wish us to look at the computer itself and review any logs etc you have got from scans then do please start a thread in

Sent to Password solved section
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down