This site might as well be a support forum only

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This site might as well be a support forum only

Post by Josh on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:04 pm

For those of you who have been here for a while, you probably remember me...well, you should at least.

I'm gonna keep this short b/c no one logs on anymore, but this forum needs a revamp. There are so many forums and subforums that have no use anymore. Ever since Nacho left and the URL changed, this site has been going straight down hill and hasn't stopped yet.

The forum needs a small new look and should be tendered as a support forum only as that's the only place where posts get made. Part 2 is advertising. Nacho did a ton of that and when the URL changed, MORE should have been done, not less.

Obviously I'd be willing to help out in any way I can, so if the staff agrees with me, I'd like to see this site get back on track again.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: This site might as well be a support forum only

Post by Ruby on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:32 pm

iFacebook wrote: Ever since Nacho left
That was his choice was it not?
and the URL changed

As you may know the URL had to change due to issues with Facebook itself

One problem is that once a forum URL 'changes' it can be very difficult to locate the forum again !!
this site has been going straight down hill and hasn't stopped yet.

Those of you who are active on Facebook itself can help to promote the new URL for this forum by placing a link to it in your Facebook profile if you so wish ?

The forum needs a small new look

In what way ?

and should be tendered as a support forum only as that's the only place where posts get made.

Maybe because people do not wish to get involved with General chat?

Part 2 is advertising

Again..promote it on your own Facebook profiles if you so wish .
Nacho did a ton of that and when the URL changed, MORE should have been done, not less.
Obviously we have no idea what he did or did not do to keep 'promoting' this forum but, as he said he will not be back we cannot know happy

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Ruby wrote:
iFacebook wrote: Ever since Nacho left
That was his choice was it not?

It was, but that's aside the point.

and the URL changed

Ruby wrote:As you may know the URL had to change due to issues with Facebook itself

I'm aware, I was a staff member at the time and saw the e-mail.

Ruby wrote:One problem is that once a forum URL 'changes' it can be very difficult to locate the forum again !!

Which is why I said that we needed to advertise more and not less.

Ruby wrote:
this site has been going straight down hill and hasn't stopped yet.

Those of you who are active on Facebook itself can help to promote the new URL for this forum by placing a link to it in your Facebook profile if you so wish ?

I doubt any members would do that as so few people use this site anymore.

Ruby wrote:
The forum needs a small new look

In what way ?

Deleting some categories and forums. Reorganize some of the others to show that support is our main priority.

Ruby wrote:
and should be tendered as a support forum only as that's the only place where posts get made.

Well then it should be removed. It looks bad when the last post was made months ago.

Part 2 is advertising

Ruby wrote:Again..promote it on your own Facebook profiles if you so wish.

That's not nearly enough.

Nacho did a ton of that and when the URL changed, MORE should have been done, not less.
Ruby wrote:Obviously we have no idea what he did or did not do to keep 'promoting' this forum but, as he said he will not be back we cannot know happy

Advertise on other forums, send the link to FB friends, even buy ads on Facebook, etc. This would all be easier if this site didn't have the .forumotion part in the URL as that throw people off.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Welcome back.

iFacebook wrote:I'm gonna keep this short b/c no one logs on anymore, but this forum needs a revamp. There are so many forums and subforums that have no use anymore.
iFacebook wrote:
Deleting some categories and forums. Reorganize some of the others to show that support is our main priority.
Agreed. I have previously removed some subforums/categories that were I thought were irrelevant or not important. Of the ones that are still present, I think some of the ones in 'Facebook Games' and 'Facebook Support' could be removed (maybe even all of games).

iFacebook wrote:
should be tendered as a support forum only as that's the only place where posts get made.
I think as a support forum for the big social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn etc) instead of solely on Facebook. However this would need members who are familiar with various social networks

iFacebook wrote:
iFacebook wrote:Well then it should be removed. It looks bad when the last post was made months ago.
I don't think General Chat should be completely removed from the forum, as (when effective) it's a place where other can go to chat about virtually everything. If anything, we could merge everything into one General Discussion forum and get rid of all the other sub-forum (lifestyles, The Fame World, etc). Come to think of it, I was never a fan of having Off-Topic branched out into so many different categories, but never did get around to combining it all together.

Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 am

I agree that all of the FB games should be removed. It was a popular section back when we had mods that had special access to items but now it's almost pointless.

I also concur about making it a support forum for not just fb but also other large social media sites. I think if that happens, the forum should be less facebooky. And by that I mean maybe you could add a twitter skin that uses those colors and fonts. Then you'd also need to get mods familiar with those sites

Yeah, off topic has too many subforuns

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Might as well get rid of the off topic all together cause i see some of the posts that ruby moves into doesnt have to do with off topic.
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Poke wrote:Might as well get rid of the off topic all together

May one ask why you think that ?

cause i see some of the posts that ruby moves into doesnt have to do with off topic.

Not sure if you have read the threads I have commented on and I do not intend to start a discussion on which threads I have or have not replied to in the Off Topic section but these ...

http://thesocialnetworking.forumotion.com/t17045-best-aggregate-services

has nowt to do with Facebook
http://thesocialnetworking.forumotion.com/t17039-tip-top-social-networking-job-site nor does this

http://thesocialnetworking.forumotion.com/t17013-make-his-dreams-come-true nor does this

http://thesocialnetworking.forumotion.com/t16983-discussion-on-possible-variations-on-facebook-accounts or this

That is why they are in the Off topic section

So...are you suggesting that' Off topic' section is removed from the Public area of this forum ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 pm

I never stated that the Off topic is removed from the Public area. Im trying to say is that the topics that your moving, it to should go in a better section that fits well with it besides off topic. I think the off topic is pointless now and you can use something else that fits well with the forum.
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 pm

I agree this forum as has pretty much ran its course.
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 am

Ohhhh it's JayJay

This forum is probably just a once or twice use forum so most of the members aren't really permanent -> Which means no new staff -> No new ideas -> No activity.

I'm just working on the tutorials whenever I have free free time.
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 am

JayJay wrote:I agree this forum as has pretty much ran its course.

Do you mean the entire site or just one section of it and, if one section of it,..which one please?

A forum is only as good as the Members who Register with it and contribute to/within it

That said, if you have a suggestion for a new section that might 'attract members' then please tell us !!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Decided to check in to see how everything is doing, nope everything is dead. The thing is if you get people especially moderators to create discussions people will become more active! Also advertising advertise on Facebook, Twitter you name it you need to spread the word out!
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum