Last Post Wins

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Last Post Wins

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 am

the goblin loved "last post" threads then, saying "...just, "to post is to win", as is "to live is to win" too, but to build up those wins is to triumph..."

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm

And the other friendly goblin said "There's no way you're going to beat me" Tongue

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:32 pm

"...oh but no, here I will let you mortals win to your heart's content then, after all this one was yours before I came was it not, and it shall remain so, only the other "last post" thread here, will be a much harder proposition for you I suspect, though, as I said you can join in whenever you like now..." explained the goblin somehow knowing that few believed him at this point

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 pm

And the other goblin replied: "Whatever, I win" Tongue

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 pm

a reply to that constantly asked "what do I win" question

"...the poster wins here a great chance to experience first hand "futility and despair" in friendly surroundings..." said the goblin

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:30 pm

("...did I kill this game then..." asked the goblin, continuing "...didn't mean to, sorry...")

it's this time of year and the goblin has been thinking about Christmas again and how in this modern age it just didn't politically correct anymore, where non-Christians think it is too Christian, and where Christians thought it is too pagan now, no what the goblin wanted to offer here something else, something new in fact, "...well folks, it's time for the all new "politically correct" name-change then..." ventured the goblin "...so what we need is something historical to celebrate in its place that is both secular and well known..." the goblin continued "...well how about celebrating the discovery on the new world by Christopher Columbus in 1492...", in fact, the goblin had only suggested this, imagining that there were probably some people in America who were aware of it, "...simple, we take the his name and shorten it, "Chis" of Christopher and "bus" of Columbus...", and with that the felt he had done his good deed of the day and now only wanted to be the first to say on this thread "...Merry Chrisbus everybody..."

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Chrisbus? LOL!

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:17 pm

("...I won't double post now..." the goblin promised, adding "...but I'm a hard number to follow...")

the goblin, at this point, walked alone along a beach in his imagination where, having come across a washed up stick, the goblin suddenly wonders what he could write across the wet sand on this windy day, "...well, aren't you wasting your time impudent goblin..." came a very old voice somewhere outside him "... surely, you know very well that I will just wash your scribbles away with the next tide..." came the mocking sea's voice carried through its waves faintly under in the sea breeze on to the still goblin, it seemed to continue "...go ahead and write, write and be dammed for all I care since I will only wash it away..." the sea repeated again and again to the goblin who after a long while moved the stick slowly across the sand writing "for now I know the gods must envy us our mortality", after which the goblin ran up to the waves and flung the stick to the sea retorting "...ah but I, in my one little moment, can write on this sand, so take this stick and show me what it is that you, with your forever, can write then..." but the stick just floated in the water, perhaps to drift back to the goblin, perhaps not then, as the goblin walked on passed that day but never really far from the grip that it held on him still

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:46 pm

("...I won't double post now..." the goblin promised, adding "...but I'm a hard number to follow...")

You better don't do it again Tongue

While the goblin was walking lonely all aroundthe beach, another not so friendly goblin showed up and shouted on the other's face: "I WIN, YOU LOSE!". Then he magically disappeared, while the friendly goblin wondered what exactly he had won.

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:58 pm

"...the winning bit is easy..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...no, it's more "how one wins" that is hard for me here, as it becomes a reflection of self does it not, simply at some point on the way, that is either here or on some other thread then, one tries to post "for real" and sees oneself "for real" by it...", simply the goblin was unstoppable, not because what he wrote actually mattered where it was all invariably lost over time anyway, nor because the threads mattered where it was impermanent too, no, only that this was all so wondrously habitual to him now, a "journey to self" as he called it, and a journey to the end then, wondrously worth it he knew, saying "...is that not what one wins here then..."

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Geez. you made long posts for such a simple game. Tongue

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Agree Tongue

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:46 pm

("...then I know all I need to know now..." mentioned the goblin, wishing well)

another ghost, the goblin remembered the true story in newspaper about a super powerful motorcycle that had killed two of three brothers, of course the point of the story was what would the third brother do, "ride it" or "sell it", but for the goblin, at that time without anyone who depended on him, it was the wonderful image, of staking ones life in the race with death, which haunted him "...besides, death, could say "call" at any time so what does one stake here..." asked the goblin aloud as if knowing somehow that death would simply reply "...up to you, how fast do you want to go..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:48 pm

The frindly goblin replied: "Don't get mad, it was just a joke", while the other goblin was leaving, slowly. The friendly goblin ran towards him to make the other stay Wink

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:06 pm

"...tell you what, let's say I play this game my way, while others play it their way, that way everyone is happy and the site gains by it..." suggested the goblin, adding "...this way those who want to play this simply can do so, while those who have a little bit more imagination can actually use it, win/win is it not then..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:19 pm

The other goblin was amazed, because of the other's imagination, and at the same time was happy because the other decided to stay.

By the way I love how you can mix these stories with what happens in the forum, and also the metaphores you use Wink

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:39 am

(the goblin thanked The Listener, for his words again, saying "...my ego is served here, so what we can do if you like is play this game as it was played before then, only that I will add matched texts when I post, like boxing with one hand behind my back so to speak otherwise there is no challenge at all for me...", in fact, the goblin only really needed to edit his posts, and just felt like sharing stuff while doing so, continuing "...a lot has to do with the vibe now, if it doesn't work out I'll move on, whereas if you feel that my doing this here is wrong then my exit is assured, oh and being anonymous I care nothing for credits, you can share out mine between you all...")

the goblin thanked everyone for reading or posting on here, though his mood was too pensive offer much in return, it was as if the goblin was once more back in the court of the moneygod being asked "...so goblin if you had one wish what would it be, name your price, I mean, you have a price don't you, most people here do have at least something they want then..." smiled the knowing moneygod as he stretched out his open arms in a big wave around him across those endless lines of items on offer "...anything then goblin, you name your price and then I'll name mine, it's that simple...", the goblin thought about it but then said "...no, I just want to be creative...", "...ah another bloody fool who thinks happiness can't be bought, simply you want to be "happy" then I take it, a happy little goblin in a happy life..." laughed the mocking moneygod sitting back in his chair now looking at the goblin, the goblin had to laugh at himself too "...I must be mad then, I don't really want happiness either, I mean if you asked me to swap my past tears and my pain, all my sadness, anger, passion, the loves broken or otherwise, these long goodbyes of people and places going or gone, I wouldn't swap them and I never will either, I am simply not cheap to their memory as those memories are all I have of me too, that's all..." which was the point the casher told the goblin to put the groceries back into the cart because the people behind him in the queue were waiting, "...sorry I was somewhere else..." apologized the goblin as the supermarket reality mercilessly entrapped him once more to his "daily life"

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

So Long Post
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 pm

repost from elsewhere

which was the moment the spacecraft landed and a little green alien said "...take me to your leader...", the goblin replied "...well, I don't know if he's actually the one you want, he's rather busy too, but a word of advise don't mention the housing crisis, health insurance, the price of petrol, global warming, the troops in Iraq, the deficit, gunlaws, unlawful detentions, torture and the exchange rate, second thoughts would you like Larry King or Jerry Springer instead..." to which the alien scratched his head, got back on his spaceship and whizzed away not quite sure what to make of the humans then, nor of the goblin for that matter

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 pm

I WANNA WIN >:vD
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:45 pm

("...I want you to win too..." replied the goblin, adding "...but my game is harder than yours...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin thanked xxxxx , saying "..that's the third invite since turning up here..." in fact, the goblin didn't really care what the site was about as long as it had a "last post" thread, something like goblin versus mummies, grannies, goths, sportsbuffs, religious nutters, Brits, dog lovers, etc., etc., adding "...well anybody in fact, and even, yes wait for it folks, Australians no less..."

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:53 pm

ZOMG AHHHHHHHHH VEGEMITE I CALL IT CRAPPYSMITE
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

the goblin now understood that he was talking to somebody from "down under" and as such adapted his speach to help fishymichael with feel more comfortable with him, saying "...lɐʇɹoɯ uɐɔ noʎ ǝlıɥʍ dn ǝʌıƃ ʍʇq 'ʎluo sdn uʍoɹƃ ɹoɟ sı ǝʇıs ɹǝɥ ʇnq 'ooʇ ʎzzo uɐ sı oɥʍ uıɯpɐ uɐ uǝʌǝ puɐ 'ʍou sǝızzo ʍǝɟ ɐ ǝʇınb ʍouʞ ı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ...", oh, yes it's an upside down world in oz I am told

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:58 pm

I have won...short and sweet

and locked the thread too

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fleamailman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 pm

the goblin simply understood that if the "last post" thread was locked, that it was just like rain stopping play, no one would actually think that the weather had won, only that the game would now have to be played elsewhere

fleamailman
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum