[ 7 ]
33% 33% 
[ 5 ]
20% 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Gay Marriage

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:04 pm

A few weeks ago, gay marriages were legalized in my country (Argentina). They getting married not only means a wedding, but also being able to adopt children. This is a very controversial issue and it took months to be debated until the Government made a final decision.

On one side, there's religious people and church. They're completely against it, since they think marriages should only be done between a man and a woman. Also, they think children these couples adopt could also start having homosexual preferences thanks to their parents homosexual preferences.

On the other side, there's people that are for gay marriages. They think gay people should also have the rights to get married, since their sexual preferences shouldn't interfere on their wishes to start a family.

I'm for gay marriage, even though I'm not homosexual, but because I think everybody should be treated the same and given the same rights, no matter your sexual preferences, social class, education, etc. In addition, I'm pretty sure sexual preferences won't influence on children adopted by these people; besides, it's better living on a house with gay parents than in the street, with nothing to eat, nowhere to sleep, etc.

What is your opinion? Are you for or against gay marriage?

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage

Post by JayJay on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

My dad's a strong Catholicso he's against gays.

But in my opinion I see nothing wrong with it, my cousin is gay and I don't care. If the love of your life is the opposite sex or the same sex you should have the right to be married and everything else a normal 'couple' could do.

Currently in my state it' banned by statute, which means it's pretty much against the law.

It says so right here https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bin/getpub.php?pubtype=STAT_CHAP&year=2007&section=517#stat.517.03.0
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelsea on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:09 pm

At the end of the day we was all born with free will , we should all be able to do as we wish including being gay , not saying i agree , but who am i to judge ...?
Chelsea
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:17 pm

I don't care if people are gay...it's not like anything is going to change their mind.

Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by evilpeanut on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 am

yep they should be married
evilpeanut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lewis_ on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:29 pm

If religious people want to listen to a being that we cannot see, nor hear, that's fine for them. As previously said in this thread, people have free will and choice. Gay marriage isn't any different to a heterosexual marriage.
Lewis_
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by stever1958 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Personally I don`t have a thing against people who are gay.However I view marriage as being between a man and woman and pretty much feel that`s the only way it was meant to be.

If people want to live a gay life then why do they need a license to do so?I really don`t understand their purpose on this issue and how do you declare "husband and wife"?I mean really,explain this to me.

I know a lot of people who are in the GLBTG community and they seem happy just being able to live as they please so why fix something that don`t seem to be broke?

My views are just that,views and in no way do I endorse homo-sexuallity nor do I oppose it either.I simply say leave in the closet what don`t need to be aired out in public.I don`t believe in putting any lifestyle in front of our children that they don`t understand and free-will is not justification for doing so,nor should it be.This includes all questionable lifestyles and free-will choice is for people who are at the age of accountability and not for children to have any lifestyle forced on them no matter the motive.

Sincerely,
Steve
stever1958
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:41 pm

I really don't mind if gay people get married. All they want to do is have a normal life like the rest of the people. So what's the big deal.
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Lewis_ wrote: Gay marriage isn't any different to a heterosexual marriage.

Actually , with respect , it is 'different'..

Heterosexual marriage is between one man and one woman who can then procreate naturally

gay 'marriage' is the 'joining' of two men ( who cannot procreate 'naturally ')

so they are very different ..

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by xSiik on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:48 pm

It all depends on the religion. Believe me, I am not against homosexuals, I just don't approve of gay marriage.
xSiik
Advanced TSNFer

Back to top Go down

Post by karlytjane on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Think about this.
If you're straight
You want to get married.
You love your boyfriend/girlfriend with all your heart and you get told that you can't marry the one you love.
As long as you're happy, then I say go for it.
Couples that can have kids are less likely to adopt because they are able to have children, but two men and two women getting married are more likely to adopt.
There are a lot of children in foster homes that don't have a place to live.
Gay marriages will decrease the amount of children in foster homes and more children will be happier.
But,
Just because of your gender and getting discriminated from it? That's just wrong. I'm sure you wouldn't like it.
karlytjane
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy dee on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 am

Prime Ministers, presidents and whoever else should just say 'yes' to gay marriage and worry over other issues like soldiers in Iraq or something.. I think they should be allowed to since same sex relationships/couples are becoming a norm seen in society.
nancy dee
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum