Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked

2 posters

Go down

Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked Empty Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked

Post by KingJustinian Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 am

About a week ago someone changed my Facebook profile information, but to somewhat "funny" stuff as a joke but also offensive. I changed my password but then somehow it was changed again two days later and they changed my profile again. I do not know if it was a "friend" or a hacker. To that point I didn't know how they got my password, but then I got an e-mail with a code to reset my password, except I never requested one to be sent. I assumed they had access to my e-mail, so I requested that my account be temporarily disabled until I figured out for sure.

Since then, I changed my e-mail password, and did a system recovery so everything was deleted (I wanted to do this anyway, so this gave me enough motivation to). I had a firewall and avast antivirus always on, so I don't know how it could have been a virus if it was, but now it isn't for sure.

I have tried several things but Facebook hasn't responded. It's been 4 full days now, although only 2 business days so that might be the delay? The original e-mail when I requested it be temporarily disabled said they would reply to my e-mail later, but they haven't. I can't identify my account to recover it because it doesn't show up (https://www.facebook.com/recover.php?locale=en_GB), so I have filled out the form to "I cannot identify my account" (https://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=cannot_identify) twice now, but they haven't responded. (Once 4 days ago, another earlier today). I googled some info and have e-mailed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] requesting access back, but no response. Also, it had an auto-reply saying they now use "@fb.com" but it would be autoforwarded, but I'm not sure it has. Yesterday I e-mailed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and no reply yet.

Is this everything I should be doing different, or is a delay just cause it's only been 2 full business days and the others the weekend? And are the "@fb.com" emails I suggested the right ones? Thanks.
KingJustinian
KingJustinian

Back to top Go down

Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked Empty Re: Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 am

One assumes you still can send and receive emails using the email address you have associated with Facebook?

What is the Antivirus program you have and is it regularly updated and full scans run with it?

I do not know if it was a "friend" or a hacker. To that point I didn't know how they got my password, but then I got an e-mail with a code to reset my password, except I never requested one to be sent. I assumed they had access to my e-mail, so I requested that my account be temporarily disabled until I figured out for sure.

I assume you of course replied to the email using the part that says ' I was not the one who requested this '?

You may try this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

to reclaim access to your Facebook account

I also suggest you run these two scans

Disclaimer ;Run at your own risk

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

• In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Run correctly this scan may take up to 8 hours to run so be patient ....

Disclaimer; Run at your own risk

Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop.
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes , they may interfere or alert you.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Have you checked in you junk/spam folder for any email from Facebook ?

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked Empty Re: Account Temporarily Disabled/Locked

Post by KingJustinian Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Yes I do have access to the e-mail.

I use Comodo Firewalll, Avast Antivirus, and Ad Aware. Comodo and Avast are always running with protection. I wiped my computer clean 2 days ago so it's impossible for me to have the virus anymore, if that's what it was.

Yes, I did click a link in an email to start it.

Finally, I can "login" to my facebook account but it says "Your account has been disabled. If you have any questions or concerns, you can visit our FAQ page here." when I use my correct email/password, so should I not use that form to reset the password considering I have the correct one?

And yes I have checked my junk/spam. When I sent one e-mail it had an auto reply so I know I can get e-mails from them.
KingJustinian
KingJustinian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Some 'ideas' from a Google search....

.1.Use your email address that is the same email address as you used to login when you were still active in facebook.

2. Also, for password, you can type the same old password to log on.

Those two steps above will reactivate your account again, facebook will mail your confirmation key so that you can reset your password.
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJustinian Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 am

I have been using that e-mail account. I use a password that currently works, and have tried an old one.

Is everything I listed what I should be doing? I'm just wondering if it is a matter of time or if there is anything else I should be doing.
KingJustinian
KingJustinian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:04 am

Moved from Hacked to AR

Do you still require help with this as there have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days ?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will assume your problem was solved , and this thread will be Moved to the Solved section without further notice .

If you are not the thread starter please do not post for any help or support on this thread
Thanks for your co-operation and understanding !

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum