Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone

3 posters

Go down

Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone  Empty Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:08 am

1. My photo albums are missing.

I have 31 albums downloaded on Facebook, but I can see only 7. Also I can't open photos in these 7 albums. I see only miniatures of photos. I was looking for a answer in help options but unfortunately I couldn't find it. I found some info in Facebook discussion so according to advices I tried to do my best for having all my photos back, so firstly, I changed a profile for a new one, next I deactivated and reactivated it, next I reinstalled Java.. I verified all browsers I could : IE, Opera and Firefox and it didn’t work.

2. I can’t edit application settings.

At a page with all applications, near to ‘Edit settings’ I don’t have Profile. And I can’t find it. I insert you a scan of problem.

3. I haven’t Photos application in Applications Page. How can I put it there?

4. My photo row at the top of profile page isn’t active so I can’t change photos. How can I reactivate it?

I will be very grateful for your answer!
Bests,

Mod note; Info changed to assist poster

Last edited by Ruby on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Info changed to assist poster)
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone  Empty Re: Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:51 pm

1. What do you mean your albums are 'downloaded'?
2. The 'Profile' link from App Settings was removed the last time Facebook upgraded the Apps Settings page, not so long ago. Now, you'll only get "Edit Settings" and a cross (x).
3. The Photos Application is developed by Facebook; that kind of applications (same with Video, Notes, etc.) won't be displayed on the Apps Settings page, since you can no longer edit those settings.
4. What do you mean it isn't 'active'? That row is called Photostream, and only pictures you're tagged in (either you tag yourself or a friend tags you) will be displayed there.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone  Empty Re: Photo problems;photo albums are missing ;application settings are gone

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Listener,

Ad 1. It means that I had 31 photo albums on Facebook. I didn't deleted any. So I should have 31 albums, but I see only 7.

Ad 2. Thanks for info
Ad.3 Thanks for info

Ad. 4 The bottom on the right side of the sentence: 'Row of photos at top of profile' isn't active. So I can't change it. I have photos tagged.
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 pm

1. Could you share a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of your "Photos" tab? When did your albums got lost?
4. I'm not familiar with that link... could you also take a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for that? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:31 pm

The 1st photo if of old version. And it's in Polish Happy
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Ad. 1 I realized that my albums had been lost at the beginning of January.
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm

The first problem looks weird... are you sure you have uploaded those 31 albums? Can your friends see any of them?

As for the second problem, that button is a little buggy. If you want to restore your old pictures, you'll have to untag yourself, download the picture (Right Click > Save as), delete it, upload it again, and tag yourself. That's a workaround.

Have you already restored your pics?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 pm

ad 1. Yes, I'm sure that I've got 31 albums. No, they can't see them. Here is a link for one photo from one of the 'missing' albums:

Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 am

It's almost been a week since you haven't replied. Are you still having this problem?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Yes, I don't see my photos still Sad
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes. I don't see my photos still Sad
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 am

Try using any Facebook Album downloader and see if you can download pictures.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:06 am

Hello, thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, I see only 7 albums... the rest is still missing.
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:43 am

Have you contacted Facebook directly regarding this problem?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:21 am

yes, and I received a 'auto-responder' mail that they couldn't respond directly, and they suggested to stay in touch with FB support or looking for a help with another FB users Duhhh
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:24 am

yes, and I received a 'auto-responder' mail that they couldn't respond directly, and they suggested to stay in touch with FB support or looking for a help with another FB users Duhhh
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

Do you still need help with this?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Hello iMeow!

Yes, I need help all the time. Because my photos are still desapared... And FB's Help - Desk don't replay, so I think that they have changed mails' addresses, or, they don't have any opportunity to replay.

Bests,
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:55 pm

Try asking one of your friends to view your albums, can they do that?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanthia Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 pm

No, they can't see all my photos.
Even if I clik on the link to a photo from 'missing album' I have an replay that this album is not visible for a while. Try soon.
Evanthia
Evanthia
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 am

In that case, it could be a glitch with Facebook. Do you have any other copies of your missing photos?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum