Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does Facebook handle a "fake" user?

2 posters

Go down

How does Facebook handle a "fake" user? Empty How does Facebook handle a "fake" user?

Post by dmfw Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am

We where discussing a Facebook issue at lunch.

Lets say I create a profile under the name of a friend, and then upload their picture, set up a fake information. Then the real person comes along and tells FB that this is a fake profile. So, how can Facebook determine which profile is real and which is fake?

Eg. How can Facebook police their system to prevent someone from using a fake profile to damage your image.

Thanks

dmfw
dmfw

Back to top Go down

How does Facebook handle a "fake" user? Empty Re: How does Facebook handle a "fake" user?

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:15 am

Let me 'introduce you' to the Facebook Help Centre
https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=174

From there,you the Facebook user can start to help Facebook by using this https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=12256&ref_query=fake

https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=14240&ref_query=fake+profile+

Unless of course you the Poster are the one who has created the Fake Profile and wonder how to stay under Facebook's Radar???

How can Facebook police their system to prevent someone from using a fake profile to damage your image.

That said,believe you me, they do patrol it and , if you care to browse the Solved section and even do a search on Google, you will see Facebook will catch up with you so there is no where to hide.....
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

How does Facebook handle a "fake" user? Empty Re: How does Facebook handle a "fake" user?

Post by dmfw Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I wonder how how they can determine which of the two profiles is belongs to the actual real person.

As with identity theft, how do you prove that you are really you in an online environment.
dmfw
dmfw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 pm

dmfw wrote:Thanks for the info. I wonder how how they can determine which of the two profiles is belongs to the actual real person.

As with identity theft, how do you prove that you are really you in an online environment.

Facebook personelle know what questions to ask the individual who owns the Account ;e.g . with your Account only you know specific detail ( unless you are foolish enough to share such info with a third Party in which case you get what is coming to you...a lost Facebook account)

So...who is going to own up to having this fake Facebook account then?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum