Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prohibited Facebook Ads

2 posters

Go down

Prohibited Facebook Ads Empty Prohibited Facebook Ads

Post by mk2hhb4 Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello, I am new and looking for help with an issue I am having. I own a gun business and posted an ad on facebook and within minutes it got denied. They said Cause it had to do with guns and ammo. I understand this and let it slide off my shoulder. The problem I am having now is every page I click on there is tons of companies advertising guns and ammo on facebook. I have saved screen shots and and gone to the help section and tried to report all of these companies but nobody from facebook will return my message and daily I see them still on here. I have thought seriously about hiring an atty and sueing them for discrimination of my business only but allowing others with the same type of sales. Any ideas on how to get facebook to cancel these other ads?
mk2hhb4
mk2hhb4

Back to top Go down

Prohibited Facebook Ads Empty Re: Prohibited Facebook Ads

Post by Ruby Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 pm

The problem I am having now is every page I click on there is tons of companies advertising guns and ammo on facebook

Do you mean these are on Facebook pages?

FYI

https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=843

The best way to flag abusive content on the site is to use the "Report" links that appear near the content itself. When a report is submitted, we will review it and take any action warranted by our
>>https://www.facebook.com/terms.php<<

Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. To submit a report, please take the steps listed below:

Report a profile: Go to the profile and click the "Report/Block this Person" link that appears in the left column below the profile photo.
Report a photo: Go to the specific photo and click the "Report This Photo" link that appears below the photo.
Report an Inbox message: View the message and click the "Report Message" link that appears below the sender’s name. Note that you can only report messages from non-friends.
Report a group or event: Go to its main page and click the "Report" link that appears below the group or event photo.
Report a Page: View the Page and click the "Report Page" link that appears in the left column below the Page photo.

Your product would seem to be breaking Facebook's T&c though ....

I have thought seriously about hiring an atty and sueing them for discrimination of my business only but allowing others with the same type of sales.

I guess that is your choice if you so wish..
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mk2hhb4 Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:48 pm

No not the pages themselves. Im talking about when you are on your profile page and on the right hand side you see three or four small ads or if you are on a friends page or just about any page there are ads on the right side. Thats what I'm talking about. The ad itself which is prohibited. There is no report button there or I would have hit it.
mk2hhb4
mk2hhb4

Back to top Go down

Post by mk2hhb4 Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:50 pm

I just went back again to see. I found the report button. Lets see if facebook actually does something about it. Im on a reporting roll now.
mk2hhb4
mk2hhb4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum