Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile

3 posters

Go down

Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile Empty Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile

Post by Miki_Ferrari Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 am

Everything started in previous FB layout. At that time the "Photos" tab was not available/visible for all my friends, while for me yes. All photo albums were and are anyhow accessible to all my friends (and they can browse, comment, etc, normally) if I provide them the direct link of the album or the single photo. So it does not seem to be a problem of privacy settings.
Identical situation in the new FB layout, the "photos" link under my profile pic (where there are also Wall, Info, Friends, etc) is not visible to my friends.
I did a workaround for sharing my photos with my friends: I created a Note listing all my albums with related links. It works fine.
Nevertheless I would fix this since of course all people knows where is, or where should be, my Photos default link. While to find, read and use links in my Note is a significant step more, much more difficulty in accessing my photos.
On top of that with the new FB layout Videos are under Photos... so also them are invisible if I do not provide direct link.
I have written several time to FB, but they did not do anything.
Can someone help me in fixing this?! Thank you very much.
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile Empty Re: Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Could you please ask one of your friends to add '&sk=photos' at the end of your profile URL if you have a long URL (ie. facebook.com/profile.php?id=numbers) or '?sk=photos' if you have a short URL (ie facebook.com/my.username)? Do they see any photo tab highlighted?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile Empty Re: Link to "Photos" disappeared from my profile

Post by Miki_Ferrari Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

I have a short URL and a friend of mine checked what you asked. He added ?sk=photos to my URL and clicked on Enter. Unfortunately nothing changed, i.e., the Photos icon & link below my profile picture is not available/visible for him. He can see only (in the order) Wall, Info, Notes and Friends, while I can see Photos after Info.
I CONSIDER THIS FORUM LAST CHANCE BEFORE GIVING UP ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
I have browsed a number of FB pages including where others reported exactly the same issue, these indicated FB page where to notify this specif issue. I filled and sent my request of support. I have received from FB an answer by e-mail (I think more or less automatic) asking also to integrate the request of help with screenshots. I sent screenshots of everything including privacy and apps settings. No reply. I repeated this three times with identical result. Nothing. Some of the guys in these FB pages stated that they got fixed the issue in 2 o 3 days from FB receiving also an e-mail communicated that the issue was fixed!
What should I do? I do not want of course to create just for that a new account, for many reasons I have not to explain.
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Okay, no need to freak out and post in CAPS. We'll do what we can to help you out.

Would you mind sharing a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of your Privacy Settings page (Account > Privacy Settings > Customize Settings) and your album settings page (Account > Privacy Settings > Customize Settings > Edit privacy for albums)? Feel free to censor any kind of private data.

Also, please leave the link to your profile so that I can check it myself. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki_Ferrari Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:10 pm

It was not my intention freaking nobody, sorry for that, I appreciate everything you (the forum) can do!
My URL is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You have to send me a friend request, after that you can find my workaround in the Note [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Below the screenshots you have asked (just 3 for the photo albums, please let me know if you need the others, I can send by e-mail).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Hope you don't mind, but I sent you a Friend Request using a dummy account to check this myself. Wink

Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki_Ferrari Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:59 am

just accepted, no problem Happy thanks

by the way I would also to invite you to my Group (issue as in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but I cannot, if you wish to check also that send a request to join at the page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki_Ferrari Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:40 pm

ok, no further feedback, thanks anyhow
edu is already removed
bests
Miki_Ferrari
Miki_Ferrari
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 am

Do you still have a problem with this?
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

This topic has been moved from Photo and Video Support to Awaiting Reply since the OP has not replied within a week. If the Original Poster does not reply in 3 more days, this will then be moved to Abandoned without further notice. Please, only the OP may reply.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum