Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie, want to say hello, accessing my page from outside of facebook

2 posters

Go down

Newbie, want to say hello, accessing my page from outside of facebook Empty Newbie, want to say hello, accessing my page from outside of facebook

Post by pacosvillage Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi there, been on facebook for over a year, but first time needing to have my new business page.

And can't find out how to make a "like" button on my website open the business page right up when pushed.

When I use http:facebook.com/pacoscityfoods to get direct to my business page it won't let me, so it confuses me on how I would add a "Like" button to my website that then automatically brings up my business page, then you press the like button?

Also, I cannoit find out how to have the Like button next to my page name as I see it on other sites?

Moved from Intro to Facebook Support Profile etc ( I think )
pacosvillage
pacosvillage

Back to top Go down

Newbie, want to say hello, accessing my page from outside of facebook Empty Re: Newbie, want to say hello, accessing my page from outside of facebook

Post by Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Please try to ask one question at the time so it's easier to help. Wink

The "Like" button which is generated through the JavaScript SDK/iFrame (the one next to the hands on this topic, at its top) can't be used for Facebook Pages. You can only "like" these things outside Facebook (ie. on this forum).

And you don't see a "Like" button there because you already "like" your page. Only non-fans/likers will see it. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum