Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts

3 posters

Go down

I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts Empty I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:53 am

I'm guessing it's a privacy setting, but viewing my profile as any other person on my friend's list, they're unable to "Share" my status posts as I'm able to share theirs. Is this a privacy setting? I tried setting "YOUR STATUS, PHOTOS, AND POSTS" to "Everyone" and also "PERMISSION TO COMMENT ON YOUR POSTS" to "Everyone".
rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts Empty Re: I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:57 pm

I think you can only share Photos, Videos and Links they post. What do you want them to share?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts Empty Re: I don't have the "Share" button on my status posts

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm

they're unable to "Share" my status posts as I'm able to share theirs. When my friend posts a status (text only), I can "share" it by clicking the "share" button. But when I post a status (text only), they want to share it, and they don't see the "share" button.
rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:37 pm

it's my brother who's trying to share my status posts, and I don't have him blocked...
rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:35 pm

rgray wrote: they're unable to "Share" my status posts as I'm able to share theirs. When my friend posts a status (text only), I can "share" it by clicking the "share" button. But when I post a status (text only), they want to share it, and they don't see the "share" button.

I think that may happen because that text-only status was posted from the Mobile site. I may be wrong though, so a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of that status will really help. Wink

rgray wrote:it's my brother who's trying to share my status posts, and I don't have him blocked...

Could you please leave the link to your profile here, so that I can add you using a test account and verify it myself? If you want to keep it private, you may e-mail it to me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:03 pm

I just sent you my fb profile link.
the text only status was posted on the facebook site by me, not from a mobile device or site.

Here's a screenshot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that was my friend's status update that allows me to share.

Here's my status update that doesn't have the "share" button:

rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:06 pm

pls note: my status update that doesn't have the share button - was how my profile looks on my brother's computer. (i went to privacy settings to preview my profile how it appears to my brother, who's having the problem with sharing my status')
rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Received it, thanks, and thanks for the screenshots. Wink

If "MayLink llc" is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], then it's not a friend but a page. You can share page's statuses, but you cannot share friend's statuses unless they have attached a:

- Photo
- Video
- Link

I visited your profile, and I can't see a "Share" button for that particular post, but I can see it in posts you've attached links to. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm

I have Maylink as a friend and as a page, but the screenshot was of the friend page's status update. I'm currently able to share friends' status', even without a photo, video, or link.
Here's a screenshot of my friend David's status update that I share:

and now here's what his screen looks like, notice he can't share my status update:

rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Please note the little cellphone icon and the "Mobile Web" text in your friend's status. As I've previously mentioned, status updates posted from the Mobile site will have a "Share" button.

Can anyone else that isn't your brother see a "Share" button next to that status update of yours? Preview your profile at Account ► Privacy Settings ► Customize settings ► Preview my profile ► Type a friend's name.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rgray Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Here's a posting from David, nonmobile, that has the Share:

and one from Lauren, also nonmobile, with the Share:

Now here's what Lauren sees on my status (no share button):

My good friend Ryan also sees the above "no share" status that I posted.

I want them to be able to Share my status updates with their friends, like I'm able to Share their status' with my friends.
rgray
rgray
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.

Can they still not share?
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down