Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move profile Wall content to Page

2 posters

Go down

Move profile Wall content to Page Empty Move profile Wall content to Page

Post by markf1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

I'd like to move a moderate amount of comments and photos that were posted to a profile wall over to a business page (where they should be) Then I'm going to delete the profile.

I have searched and found a couple of articles etc that say to manually move the stuff. that's cool but my question is - How do I best go about manually moving the stuff? Should I somehow download each profile wall photo and then re-post to the Page? How about the comments? Somehow copy and paste them?

Would there be anyway that they could be in the correct order by date once moved over to the Page? There are comments and posts on the Page that are more recent than those that I'd like to move over from the profile.

Thanks in advance for any help!
markf1
markf1
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Move profile Wall content to Page Empty Re: Move profile Wall content to Page

Post by Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 pm

For the record, it's not possible to turn a Profile to a Fan Page, so everything has to be done manually indeed...

In order to move your photos, yes, you need to download each of them and re-upload them on your page. As for comments, then I'm afraid the only way to get them on your page would be if those people commented on your photo once again.

Would there be anyway that they could be in the correct order by date once moved over to the Page? There are comments and posts on the Page that are more recent than those that I'd like to move over from the profile.

It's not possible to "move" them. They have to be re-posted by whoever posted them.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by markf1 Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks for your reply! I'll do the best I can to get whatever I can moved manually to the Page as described.

Thanks again for your help!
markf1
markf1
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:19 pm

No problem, and good luck with that. Can be a tiring chore. Tongue

Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down