Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)

5 posters

Go down

I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)  Empty I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)

Post by bnp2 Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:05 am

Hi i created one group few days ago the time of creation group i will set group to open for all but now i want to my group closed but i cant accesses dilogbox with pencil sing (Edit Group) when i click the button nothing happens only mouse courser showing time logo i waited for long time i tried deferent browsers mozzila , IE 7 but not work i tried also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bla.bla.bla its work only for change profile pictures and edit members not for work basic information (settings) its shows blank please help me how to resolve issue

my group page link:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bnp2
bnp2

Back to top Go down

I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)  Empty Re: I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Next time, please use proper punctuation to explain your issue. Happy

Try this URL to access your panel directly. Happy Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)  Empty Re: I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)

Post by LCHS87 adm Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 pm

hello Admin The Listener, I'm experiencing the same problem of bnp2.
I tried the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but no success.
when I go to the group edit page it only visualizes a half gray-colored section and nothing more.
this problem started at the same time when our group chat link ('Chat with the group' button on the right hand panel of the group's page) has gone missing. I hope you can help us out with these 2 points, thanks in advance!
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey LCHS87 adm, thanks for the report. Very Happy

The link above won't work because your group has a different ID. That link would work only for bnp2.

I believe this could be a general bug but, just in case, please leave the link to your group so that I can provide you a straight link to your Administration panel.

Thanks. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks The Listener!
The link was edited with my group's code: 116580191735163 and it leads to my group's edit page but as I've said it only shows a half gray-coloured center panel.
Big thanks Adore

PS.
I'm off to sleep now...glad to read you later, thanx!
6th Feb. 01:25 am
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

I can't edit my group i am an admin (creator of group)  Empty Thanks For reply !!

Post by bnp2 Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:22 am

The Listener wrote:Next time, please use proper punctuation to explain your issue. Happy

Try this URL to access your panel directly. Happy Eyes

Thanks for reply ! my english is not good sorry for that. i treid that link as you said but still getting Facebook error like

(Sorry, something went wrong.
We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.)
Go Back

Staff Color removed
bnp2
bnp2

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 am

Hello The Listener,
got up this morning with you in my mind embarrased ...hoping you had a good rest and been refreshed. Okay if you don't mind, let me just send you a couple of snapshots related to my problems: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks and good afternoon to the city where people breathe oxygen. Yay
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 am

Mod note; as two of you are on this thread and one of you is virtually hijacking it, which of you still has the problem?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:04 am

I do Ruby, thanks.
What do you mean hijacking? I'm just seeking help Help! ....'coz there more than 250 high school batchmates waiting for your kind assistance. so, please help us out angel

angel sorry for bnp2 with whom I chained my query since I've noticed that we do have the same problem(s)

please consider my request as currently valid...thanks.
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:16 am

dear GMod Ruby
sorry I didn't mean to 'hijack' bnp2's thread, please tell me if it's better for me to open a new one...my only intent was to reduce the admin's chores in giving the same explanation to two different FbF users.
please advice me what to do, thanks.
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bnp2 Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:55 am

Ruby wrote:Mod note; as two of you are on this thread and one of you is virtually hijacking it, which of you still has the problem?

Actually i started the thread i have a error.

when i log with ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i have same problem Grey screen !!

please see in snapshot :- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by bnp2 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
bnp2
bnp2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:12 pm

You both are having the exact same issue so it's alright to have only 1 topic about this. Don't worry. Wink

Definitely not a cookies and cache issue... couldn't be happening with 2 different computers. SSL didn't work... then I'm afraid this is a general bug. You must report it to Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and it should be fixed soon.

In the meantime, you should be able to access your groups normally through the Mobile site.

@ bnp2: Use this link -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
@ LCHS87 adm: Use this link -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it doesn't, then I'm afraid all you can do is wait until Facebook fixes it.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 pm

dear The Listener,
grateful for your kind assistance, I've just reported the problem via help link you've provide.
Thumbs Up More power to you and your team. :adminpower:
LCHS87 adm Good Night!

Good luck to you bnp2!!!
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks LCHS87 adm! Appreciate your answer. If you don't mind, I'll add your comment as part of our testimonials. We love to have kind people like you around. Very Happy

Remember that the more people report this issue properly (filling out the form), the sooner Facebook will realize of this issue and the sooner they'll fix it. I suggest you both try it out.

Of interest, are you able to admin the group normally through the mobike page which I linked you 2 above? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 pm

No problem, The Listener....you can post it anytime. Okay
Upset Unlucky me, the moblink didn't work...no worries...I now jumped over Facebook's help-fence hoping to grab useful infos to my problems' resolution.

I'd advice bnp2 to do the same as The Listener's opinion: Idea multiple reports are better than one. Thanks for the ride, pal! Okie Dokie!

Cheers.
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LCHS87 adm Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 am

Hello The Listener!
I just wanna feed you back the 'real why' for a group's missing chat link:
Okie Dokie! "Group Chat is unavailable once a group has more than 250 members."

Hope this helps other FB users in making them aware of this group chat limitations.
Good day!
LCHS87 adm Okie Dokie!
LCHS87 adm
LCHS87 adm
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:32 pm

LCHS87 adm wrote:Hello The Listener!
I just wanna feed you back the 'real why' for a group's missing chat link:
Okie Dokie! "Group Chat is unavailable once a group has more than 250 members."

Hope this helps other FB users in making them aware of this group chat limitations.
Good day!
LCHS87 adm Okie Dokie!
Thanks a billion! Really helps. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:12 am

Looks like this is solved, so I shall send it to the Solved section. Feel free to PM me if that's not the case.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down