Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event invite - How to invite all friends at once?

3 posters

Go down

Event invite - How to invite all friends at once? Empty Event invite - How to invite all friends at once?

Post by torchvelvetlounge Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 pm

i have not used the facebook forum before and have tried searching on this topic with no results. while i suspect that i am doing something wrong can anyone tell me why the java code no longer works to select all friends for an event. searched all over and cannot find any updates to this code. help??

Mike

Last edited by The Listener on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title amended and topics merged)
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Event invite - How to invite all friends at once? Empty Re: Event invite - How to invite all friends at once?

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:52 pm

:welcometofbf:

Here it is (the updated way) how you can make it work. Happy Eyes Facebook took this dummy-proof security measure of adding the popup as an iFrame since requests were being abused of.

Suggesting a Fan Page To All Your Friends with a couple clicks only

Aren't you tired that when you suggest your friends a page you have to click them one by one?

Not anymore! Go to any Fanpage, and click on "Suggest to Friends". Wait until the popup opens. Then, right click it and click on "Open Frame in a new window". Then, delete the current adress (ie. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and paste this instead (press "Enter" after you have pasted the code):

Code:
javascript:fs.select_all();

ViolĂ ! All your contacts should be now selected. Works in all browsers!

REMEMBER: This is not a hack. We don't allow any types of hacks at the FBF. It's just a JavaScript code.

Please note the most important part: right click the popup and select "Open frame in a new window". Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Event invite - How to invite all friends at once? Empty Event Invite

Post by torchvelvetlounge Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm

I am having a problem selecting all friends for an event. I have posted this question earlier and received the following java code:

javascript:fs.select_all();

I have executed this code after opening "Select Guests to Invite" in a new window. And while the code does select all the friends they do not actually get invited. The total number of guests remains the same. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Mike
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Event invite - How to invite all friends at once? Empty Re: Event invite - How to invite all friends at once?

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:34 pm

I've merged your 2 topics and moved them from Network support to Events support. Please only keep one topic open for each of your problems. Happy

The explanation I gave you was for Page Requests, not for Event Invites. For event invites, simply click on "+ Select Guests to Invite", wait until the popup opens, and paste the code in the URL bar. Then hit 'Enter' and they should all be highlighted. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:40 pm

They do, in fact, all get selected after pasting the code. However, after I hit "Send Invites" they do not appear the the "Awaiting Reply" count.

While I already have a number of Friends invited none of the friends appear "Greyed Out" in the dialog box. Even though I know an invite had been sent it displays as if they have not been invited.

Mike
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Thank you for combining posts. This is my first time using this forum..

Thanks!
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:50 pm

torchvelvetlounge wrote:Thank you for combining posts. This is my first time using this forum..

Thanks!

No problem. Very Happy Welcome to FBF, btw! Tongue

torchvelvetlounge wrote:They do, in fact, all get selected after pasting the code. However, after I hit "Send Invites" they do not appear the the "Awaiting Reply" count.

While I already have a number of Friends invited none of the friends appear "Greyed Out" in the dialog box. Even though I know an invite had been sent it displays as if they have not been invited.

Mike

I just tested this and found a workaround. When creating your event, don't select any guests. Then once the Event is created, click on "+ Select Guests to Invite", wait until it loads, paste the code, etc. Refresh the page 2 times. Then repeat the process and keep on refreshing the page until you see all your friends are there. If after several refreshes you don't see a change, repeat the process again.

And don't worry, all of your friends will only get your request ONCE. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:57 pm

sorry. but this didn't seem to work either. is there a maximum number of invites or selected friends that i may be exceeding?
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:04 pm

I don't think so... how many friends do you have? How many are already showing up under "Awaiting Reply"?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:22 am

i have around 3500 friends and currently about 1000 are showing up under reply. however, when i started this thread with you i only had about 200 under awaiting reply. i've been slowly selecting friends one by one. as you can imagine its quite time consuming...

didn't have any problems with these numbers a month ago. this all seems to have cropped up with me and my employees in the last couple weeks...

any ideas?
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:28 pm

it just seems like to Event Invite is acting a little squirlly right now. i currently have over 2k of friends invited to the event but absolutely none are showing up as 'greyed out' as in..they have already previously been selected.

if i open the "Select Friends to Invite" in a new window then some will show up as grey but no where near all.
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Can I have the link to the Event, please? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i have since had someone individually select everyone but the problem probably still exists..
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:52 pm

I see more 4,009 people are awaiting reply... how many do you see? Also, do you see a friend's name on that box and his/her name not grayed out when you try to invite them or not?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 pm

I have just created another event and am having the same problem. It exists whether I use a MAC or PC. Help?
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by torchvelvetlounge Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Forgot the link... Sorry.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
torchvelvetlounge
torchvelvetlounge
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Well, I'm afraid Pages, Groups and Event Invites are experiencing glitches at the moment. Page and Groups invites aren't being received, and Event invites are completely messed up. Please read my post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down