Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working

2 posters

Go down

Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working Empty Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working

Post by lauren2590 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 am

a little over a month ago, i had been on my facebook as normal, left to run an errand came home got back on for a minute and suddenly my facebook died.... Sad
i sent a note to facebook, but just like the previous post : got a response back on 1/21 just saying basically thank you for submitting your bug report.
they have yet to get to it.
before sending facebook a message i googled and searched the help center for anything, thats when i found a post referring to something with security, and i could manually put in the S to make it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to be able to see older posts in my feeds as well as all other things on side bars, however my chat would then disable, i had to do this everytime i traveled to a new page, whehter from my home page to my profile, or from my profile to my pictures, continuing to friends profiles and then as well their photos all while chat still disabled. this obviously extremely annoying but dealt with it until sudddenly that as well stopped working, now if i try to get anywhere beyond my home page i either get a page that is completely blank or saying internet explorer can not display the web page <-- however i am using all other sites completely fine leaving me to realize this is not my computer... i during the whole time have changed my password, also deactivated my account for a week, and still can't seem to figure the issue out. My mobile facebook works fine on both brower from phone and android app, so then i went on my account on my parents computer and still same problem that has been persisting on my computer. Also after deactivating my account and re-activating, i now also can not get into my account settings to change all the notification e-mails back to turned off, strange i can get to home page (extremely limited) and help page but not account settings. No security has been changed what so ever, i have deleted history, cookies, and caches.. i have completely reset all internet options.
im at a loss i have had facebook for 7 years now and am not contimplating having to completely delete it and start over Sad if i can not find a solution asap.. i've been patient and waited it out but almost 2 months since the problem started .. and it's persisting on all computers running out of options..

thank you for any help and reading this long annoying message Happy
also uploaded some screen shots not sure where they are, if they don't show up ill post them again..

THANK YOU .. hope someone can help Duhhh
lauren2590
lauren2590

Back to top Go down

Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working Empty Re: Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working

Post by lauren2590 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(top of home page, attempting to load...)
(Bottom of home page, attempting to load, with obvious issues)
some times when attempting to load home page as well page will
either just stop how it is, turn blank, or again with the internet explorer
can not display the web page. also tried getting on facebook through
safari as well.
(Attempt to go to my profile)
(help screen, everything loaded including chat)
lauren2590
lauren2590

Back to top Go down

Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working Empty Re: Can only use Facebook Mobile as well.. tried several computers, randomly quit working

Post by Fayde Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:30 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum