Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I remove a profile from a business page?

2 posters

Go down

How do I remove a profile from a business page? Empty How do I remove a profile from a page?

Post by pcostello Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:29 am

Hi everyone,

I foolishly followed the pop up suggestions while setting up a business page, and proceed to set up a profile for the page. Now when I want to post updates, photos, etc, it shows up as the profile, and not the business page. (There are no warnings during the set up process to tell you that your posts, etc, will change over to the new profile.) Is there any way to remove the profile from the business page? I'd rather not have to delete the page and start from scratch again, and risk loosing the followers I have attained. I also don't know if there is a cooling off period where I can't use the same name and email address to set it up again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How do I remove a profile from a business page? Empty Re: How do I remove a profile from a business page?

Post by pcostello Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:31 am

Oops, I should have posted this in the help section, sorry!!
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How do I remove a profile from a business page? Empty How do I remove a profile from a business page?

Post by pcostello Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:34 am

Hi everyone,

I foolishly followed the pop up suggestions while setting up a business page, and proceed to set up a profile for the page. Now when I want to post updates, photos, etc, it shows up as the profile, and not the business page. (There are no warnings during the set up process to tell you that your posts, etc, will change over to the new profile.) Is there any way to remove the profile from the business page? I'd rather not have to delete the page and start from scratch again, and risk loosing the followers I have attained. I also don't know if there is a cooling off period where I can't use the same name and email address to set it up again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Two posts in General Section merged with this thread
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

How do I remove a profile from a business page? Empty Re: How do I remove a profile from a business page?

Post by Admin Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello and welcome to Facebook Forum. Very Happy

No way to do that, but you can login as your page and use Facebook as such instead. Click on Account, then Use Facebook as Page. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pcostello Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 am

Hi Listener, thanks for the reply. I've logged on to my profile / page, and there is no option under Account to use Facebook as a page. What's happening is that when I try to log on to my business page, a profile page pops up instead. If I do a search for my business page while logged in I can access posts, photo's etc, but any changes I make, or new posts I submit pop up as updates from the profile and not the business page. (I've just noticed that while I'm in the business page there is no option under the logo section to Edit page.) I've contacted Facebook under the guise of an impostor has taken over my profile, (no other way to get in touch) and am wondering if they could help out at source? At this stage it may be easier to delete the page and start from scratch? Can i use the same email name and email address if I do this?

Thanks again for your help in this matter, Facebook is a minefield when you start looking in to it!!
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm lost here. Duhhh

What's happening is that when I try to log on to my business page, a profile page pops up instead.
Could you please take a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of that issue?

Are you loggining in to Facebook using your personal profile? How and when did you first create your business page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pcostello Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:00 pm

It's a confusing one for you, so my apologies, I'll try to explain further. I created a business page using my business email. (This is completely separate to my personal account.) After I had set the page up and loaded a few images, I logged out. When I logged back in again Facebook asked me if I would like to set up a profile for the page. I foolishly thought no harm, might as well. BIG mistake!!! Now when I log in using the username and password for the business page, the profile pops up. When I post something it shows up as a post from the profile, and not the business page.

I read through the various options on the Facebook help section, and it suggested that I de-authorise admin' for the profile, leaving access to the page. I did this, and now I can't edit the page at all. (There is no "Edit page" option under the logo section for the page any longer.)

Here's a screenshot for the profile that pops up when I log in. (I used the directions as per the websites guide, so I'm hoping they make it through to you?)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here's the screenshot for the page that should pop up, but doesn't. (There is no "Edit Page" option either.)

Thanks again for your help with this, it's very much appreciated!!!!
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pcostello Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Oops, the second screenshot didn't make it through, I doubled up there, sorry. Here goes the second attempt......

pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the detailed explanation and screenshot. Very Happy

One question. When you were asked to create a profile, did you use the same e-mail address as the one you used for your page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pcostello Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 am

Thanks for the reply Listener. I just checked, and yes, i did you the same email address for my profile. I've just noticed that there is an Add / Remove option for the email address, will changing it help?
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

That might be the problem... only your old e-mail address has admins rights and now you used it to register a profile, there would be no admin rights for it anymore.

I think changing it on Account => Account Settings and then logging in with the old e-mail address would solve it. If it doesn't, try deactivating your personal profile (you can reactivate it afterwards).
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pcostello Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 am

Hello again. I tried changing the email address as you suggested, but it made no difference. There is no option to deactivate the personal profile, all I can do is deactivate the page, which in turn will deactivate the profile attached to it. If I do this can I use the same email address to set it up again? Is there a time frame I have to wait to let the deactivation occur?
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 am

So did you change the e-mail address and then tried to login with the old one (page's one)? No changes?

You can try deactivating your personal profile [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], then try to login as your page. If it doesn't work, you can re-activate it afterwards. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pcostello Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am

Hello again Listener. I got the page / profile issue sorted at last!! They now have a "Switch" option as a drop down option under "Account" (top right of the page.) Log in to your page as an administrator, set up your personal profile as an admin, and check the "Update my posts as (insert page name here), not my personal profile." After you have done that go to the account section on top, and select "Share". Hey presto, you can now swap between your personal profile and your business page!! All Facebook's doing, I can't claim any credit here.
pcostello
pcostello
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Glad you could solve it, even though I mentioned that in my first post in this topic. Tongue

The Listener wrote:Hello and welcome to Facebook Forum. Very Happy

No way to do that, but you can login as your page and use Facebook as such instead. Click on Account, then Use Facebook as Page. Happy
Anyhow, solved. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum