Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook, Head in the sand

2 posters

Go down

Facebook, Head in the sand  Empty Facebook, Head in the sand

Post by rbrook Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 am

I am very concerned about what is happening on facebook
Games that some people spend real money on are being to hacked to gain access to items that sell for real money....
Facebook Just don't want to know
Quote by Facebook:
Unfortunately, Facebook did not develop this poker application and can...
Unfortunately, Facebook did not develop this poker application and cannot assist you in restoring any lost poker chips. This application is developed and operated by an external developer that uses their own technical resources, and we do not have access to this data.

There is an investigation going on at present suggesting Zynga is hacking peoples accounts to gain access to chips and resell them (if not the company its self but employees) ... (See CNN)
Why is this not of common concern to Facebook I ask??
Head in the Sand or what??

I contacted the Zynga support after loosing 2 million chips, they say my account was not hacked( but both my email and facebook passwords had changed)

I then replied to them suggesting if I was not hacked, how did they themselves lose the 2 mill chips .. no reply

It appears on investigation that the email I received from Zynga is a standard email sent to everyone and there so called investigation is almost useless.

Should Facebook investigate people losing real money on their ste?

I beleive they should......

Last edited by Ruby on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Caps removed as is shouting)
rbrook
rbrook

Back to top Go down

Facebook, Head in the sand  Empty Re: Facebook, Head in the sand

Post by Ruby Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:05 pm

I contacted the Zynga support after loosing 2 million chips, they say my account was not hacked( but both my email and facebook passwords had changed)

Moved from General to Facebook Support Hacked etc accounts

You seem not too concerned about the Security of your own Facebook account?

Are you not that bothered or would you appreciate some 'input' as to why you as an individual have had your Facebook account 'attacked'?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rbrook Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 am

I have made further investigation and found that Hotmail accounts (which was what was behind my facebook account) are easy to hack into which is why I was targeted ... I used to think as you do, but when it happens you, you come to appreciate no matter what you do with strong passwords, changing them every month ect If someone with cash incentive wants to hack you they will
My account had passwords with 19 characters letters and numbers
Another thing that I am concerned about is the credit system within facebook, it remembers paypal accounts and credit cards with 1 click and NO password your account is debited.
NOW IS THIS SECURE FACEBOOK
Thank god my attackers had just poker chips as there target...
rbrook
rbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 am

I used to think as you do, but when it happens you, you come to appreciate no matter what you do with strong passwords, changing them every month ect If someone with cash incentive wants to hack you they will
My account had passwords with 19 characters letters and numbers

Excuse me but with respect you do not know how I think or what I think

but the concern is, is your account still hacked or are you now clean ?

If you have a suggestion to give to Facebook about Security I suggest you direct your comments to them..

If you have a suggestion to make to Hotmail then direct it to them--

Also; if you think Hotmail is hackeable then do not use it..simple!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by rbrook Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

You think like I used to, people leave themselves open to hacking, its clear that its my fault i was hacked, you said as much.

I don't now use hotmail... I was not in possession of all the facts.... Its easy to say don't do it after event

I have tried to raise my concerns with facebook, they don't want to know ... again a standard email that is sent to all...

Zynga make it clear that they will return your chips if you are hacked ... they just say you where not hacked, when I clearly was.
So I concluded they lost the chips within the game, following there logic... No reply... what would I expect

I'm sorry you just don't see it ... and I hope you never do....

rbrook
rbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:44 am

Is your Facebook Account still hacked or are you now back into Facebook?

If you have some suggestions to give to Facebook then you may wish to select from this list
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:00 am

No even courteous reply on this thread so unfortunately

sent to Abandoned
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down