Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing Fan Pages - Recs/Best Practices ???

Go down

Marketing Fan Pages - Recs/Best Practices ??? Empty Marketing Fan Pages - Recs/Best Practices ???

Post by refdesign Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello,

I'm a graphic/web designer that was just surprised to find out that my new job at a real estate office wants me to be directing their social media marketing initiatives. I was aware of the basics from a previous job, a couple years go. Just yesterday, I became painfully aware of the newish lack of Welcome and other tab options on Fan pages. I have a growing number of real estate agents desperate to have customizable landing pages for the FB fan pages and linking in their other social network sites. I've run across a few expensive pay options for Welcome page, and I just tried and deleted the FBML app as it's now almost useless and looks like it will be eliminated, soon. I'll ask my all questions, and any answers or advice for any of them will be very welcome!!

1. However it's accomplished, the requests I'm getting are for a way to have custom content as the first thing a user sees when landing on an agent's fan page. Is this even an option anymore? (Free options, only, as the agents are more like cheap contract clients rather than coworkers.)
- One wants his fan page to look as much like his website as possible
- One wants something like what the Welcome tab used to be with his external blog showing (I would have used an iframe for this, in the past)

2. What's the current best way to interlink other social sites to automatically post to a fan page? I played around with the NetworkedBlogs app, yesterday. It looks decent, but are we going to run the risk of future charges or discontinuation if we rely on a 3rd party app? We do like how NetworkedBlogs displays posts better than the Wordpress->FB postings.

3. One specific request was an agent claimed that he used to be able to post from Wordpress into a FB Note, which could be viewed later in a list of Notes like on a personal FB profile. I haven't found anything like that feature. Has anyone heard of this, and can it currently be done?

4. I'm going to meet with another one, tomorrow, but as I was typing this, I got a request to put a FB Like button on an agent's personal website. He thinks he also wants a click to forward someone to his FB after the Like request. This is something I've never tried to do.

Thanks!
refdesign
refdesign

Back to top Go down