Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page

3 posters

Go down

Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page Empty Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page

Post by DVHS Library Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

A few months ago I started a page for my high school library (I'm the librarian) as a community page but just recently started actively posting. All was fine for a few days but then I started getting "likes" or "requests to friend" to a new personal page. I never intended to open a personal page associated with the Library Facebook Page. When I deactivated this personal page, my Library Page also became inactive. I want to link to the Facebook Library Page from my school website, but I want a way to do this without students and parents linking to a personal page. Can I delete the personal page and still keep the community page? If not, is there a way to be certain links to the library page go only to that page?

Karen
DVHS Library
DVHS Library

Back to top Go down

Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page Empty Re: Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page

Post by Admin Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:22 am

Hi,

As far as I know, you need to have a personal account to administer a page unless you have created the page without a profile, when you first came to Facebook... I don't think that's the case here.

You can choose, however, to use Facebook as your page and completely forget about your personal account. How? Go to your page and click on Use Facebook as [Name of your Page]. Then, your "Friend Requests" will be the new fans your page gets, and Notifications will only be displayed when someone likes, comments or uploads anything on your page, and no profile. You also won't get personal messages or chat messages... stalkers free! Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page Empty Re: Unlinking personal profile from a Community Page

Post by Fayde Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum