Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info?

2 posters

Go down

Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info? Empty Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info?

Post by dmag Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi,

I've got a Facebook issue that I can't find a solution for, inside or outside of FB.

As a favor I set up a Fan page for a client who wanted one, but not the hassle of handling the admin function. Figuring that I could transfer it later, this page went into my FB account, with a few others I have. Now, the client wants to have her people handle the admin. Here's where the trouble starts.

I can add her IT person as a second admin, no problem there. But how do they access the page to make changes, without going through my personal account and having my login information?

I would love to just get rid of the page entirely but, from what I've been told, FB does not allow for the flat-out transfer of Fan pages from one person/entity to another.

Is there a way for the client to access her page and do the admin work, without having to log in through my account?

Thanks.
dmag
dmag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info? Empty Re: Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info?

Post by Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:40 pm

I can add her IT person as a second admin, no problem there. But how do they access the page to make changes, without going through my personal account and having my login information?
If you added her through Edit Page => Manage Admins, she can login with HER account, go to the page, and edit it. No need to access your account, since you're both admins.

I would love to just get rid of the page entirely but, from what I've been told, FB does not allow for the flat-out transfer of Fan pages from one person/entity to another.
Sure you can. If you've already added her as admin, go back to the admin management page and hit the Remove link next to your name... and voilà. Your client will still have access to her page.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info? Empty Re: Changing Fan page admins — how can they access page w/o getting my login info?

Post by dmag Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks, Listener. You just made my day.

The Listener wrote:
If you added her through Edit Page => Manage Admins, she can login with HER account, go to the page, and edit it. No need to access your account, since you're both admins.

Sure you can. If you've already added her as admin, go back to the admin management page and hit the Remove link next to your name... and voilà. Your client will still have access to her page.
dmag
dmag
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Okay

Solved
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down