Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please?

4 posters

Go down

[solved]How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please? Empty How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please?

Post by mikehende Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Is it possible for my to remove a friend or other comments on my page if I find it offensive? If so, how please?

Moved from General to Facebook Support other problems
mikehende
mikehende
Regular

Back to top Go down

[solved]How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please? Empty Re: [solved]How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please?

Post by Poke Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:17 pm

you mean on your wall? You just click the x button thats next to the status then it would ask you if you want to delete it or not which you click delete then it would remove the status! Wink

Regards,

Poke
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

[solved]How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please? Empty Re: [solved]How can I remove a poster's comments on my page please?

Post by mikehende Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 pm

I am not seeing the post anymore because there are now way too many posts on my Home page, I am not all that familiar with FB and it's features, is there a tutorial anywhere which explains everything I am seeing on my page please? Right now, I am seeing a lot of posts from friends but the posts are not directed to me so i don't understand why they are showing up on my page?
mikehende
mikehende
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:45 pm

did they tag you in posts?
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehende Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Not from what I can tell, I am seeing that they are tagged in someone's else's album? What does "tagged" mean please?
mikehende
mikehende
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 pm

For an exmample lets say i am friends with you on Facebook. I posted I am going out with Mikehende for pizza and I tagged you in my post. Thats a tag, or you could have seen all of the posts on the main page that you can not delte posts from you can hide it but not delete it. But if you go to your profile you can delete all your posts from there.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehende Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:31 am

So you're saying that when someone tags me "whenever they should post on ANYONE'S page that post will show up on my page? If yes then what can I do to prevent that please ro prevent the tagging in the first place? Problem I am having with this is my page is getting too cluttered with these posts between other people.

Also, when I go into my Profile, all I am seeing next to each post a friend had made : like, comment, see friendhsip
I am not seeing an option to delete any post?
mikehende
mikehende
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 pm

I think Poke's first post in this topic is the solution you're looking for, but you may be getting confused between your homepage, profile, or page. Let me clarify.

Your homepage (facebook.com) is where your friends' posts and activity go. If someone posted on your Wall/Profile and that story is showing up on your homepage, you cannot delete it from there. In order to delete it, you need to go to your Wall (click the Profile tab on the top right of the page), find that post, hover it with your mouse, and hit the X on the top right of the post. Then, choose "Remove post" and confirm.

If this message was actually one of your friend's statuses, and you wanted to remove it, you can't... only them have power over their own posts on their own profiles. You can, however, hide it through your homepage, with a similar process than the one described above.

If this was posted on a Facebook Page, the method is similar to the one related to your Wall/Profile, although you can also ban whoever posted it.

Now, to make things a little clearer, in case you're confused, I'd need you to:

1. Take a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the message you want to delete.
2. Leave the link to the page where this message was posted.

Thanks! Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehende Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:35 pm

I t works! When I move the mouse over a post then I see the X appear and when I click on the X then I see the option to delete, thanks a lot!!
mikehende
mikehende
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Moved to Solved from Other
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum