Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Page Post Impression Count

2 posters

Go down

Page Post Impression Count Empty Page Post Impression Count

Post by RFPhotog Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 am

Why do Page post impressions counts vary so wildly? I can look at my Page and see a particular post has 100 impressions. I come back a couple hours later and it has 200 then come back a couple hours later or the next day and it's down to 80.

Thanks.
RFPhotog
RFPhotog

Back to top Go down

Page Post Impression Count Empty Re: Page Post Impression Count

Post by Tim Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 am

Hello,

The impression count is the raw number of impressions that have been shown to users. These impressions can come from a user's news feed, a visit to the Page, or through an Open Graph social plugin.

Since many users refresh their homepage and visit their homepage multiple times during a session, and each time the post is rendered, it counts as an impression (that applies more for Page ads)
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RFPhotog Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 am

I'm sorry but that doesn't explain why the Impression count goes up and down like a toilet seat in a co-ed dorm. I understand how Impressions 'should' work. It should go in one direction - up. But it doesn't. At least not in my case. It bounces around quite significantly up, back down, back up, back down......

Thanks.
RFPhotog
RFPhotog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum