Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page...

2 posters

Go down

The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page... Empty The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page...

Post by aimee Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 pm

We were hoping to promote membership and donations to the Friends of Devil's Den and now the "Donate" button is gone... It was on there before I switched to the new format... Is this format no longer supporting that application... I guess it's an "app", isn't it..??? Confused

aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page... Empty Re: The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page...

Post by Admin Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Can we have the link to your page to verify and see how the Donate button is being added? Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page... Empty Re: The "Donate" button has gone missing off my fan page...

Post by aimee Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:34 pm

The link is not there anymore... Here is the page...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It used to be down on the left side of the page when the tabs were at the top...
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:37 pm

You mean the PayPal one in the FBML tab?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Works fine for me. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Oh, thanks... But why is the button itself not there..??? I have no idea what FBML stands for, but the bright yellow "Donate" button was pretty self explanatory... Is there any way of putting IT back on the page in stead of FBML link..???

Thanks...
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Where on the page exactly?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:59 pm

I guess I would like for it to be down the left hand side of the page where it used to be... Do you remember seeing them there before..????

I've been looking for pages that still have them but couldn't find any...
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Probably because you kept a 'Box', on the left bottom side, right? If so, those boxes were removed (by Facebook) from Pages a long time ago, for security reasons, and you can no longer add them.

What's best for this is renaming the FBML tab to 'Donate' (on Edit Page => Apps => FBML => Edit Settings => Replace 'FBML' for 'Donate'). Also, set it as a landing tab so all non-fans will see that page when they first visit it, on Edit Page => Manage Settings => Default Landing Tab. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Oh, thank you so much, Listener...!!! I will do that for sure... Maybe back though if I have trouble... **S**

Thanks again... This forum is the best..!!!
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by aimee Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Got it done..!!! I want to leave the original wall page as the first that is seen though... I willl just point out the "donate" option every now and then...

Thanks again...

Oh, one more question... Do you have to put a "Like" button on the page now or is there already one there for new people who come to it..???
aimee
aimee
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

aimee wrote:Oh, thank you so much, Listener...!!! I will do that for sure... Maybe back though if I have trouble... **S**

Thanks again... This forum is the best..!!!
Thanks for the compliment, and you're welcome! Very Happy

aimee wrote:Got it done..!!! I want to leave the original wall page as the first that is seen though... I willl just point out the "donate" option every now and then...

Thanks again...

Oh, one more question... Do you have to put a "Like" button on the page now or is there already one there for new people who come to it..???
No, you don't need to. Non-fans (people who haven't liked your page) see the 'Like' button by default, unlike those that are fans already. No need to worry about that. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum