Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apps disappeared from left-hand column

4 posters

Go down

Apps disappeared from left-hand column Empty Apps disappeared from left-hand column

Post by albergo Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 am

Hi,

Throught this forum I hope to find a solution for following:

I added a couple of apps to my fan page. A couple of "static html" apps, a youtube apps and a flicr app. When I added these apps about 3 weeks ago they displayed fine. Suddenly the apps don't display anymore in the left-hand column of my fanpage. This means they are not visible for anybody visiting the page.

I also did hide one of the apps in the overview. How do I unhide?

Leslie

Moved from Applications to Facebook Support Applications
albergo
albergo
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Apps disappeared from left-hand column Empty Re: Apps disappeared from left-hand column

Post by albergo Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Ok,

I looked at it a little bit more and this is what happens: Every App has a setting, lets say a link to the app. Facebook seems randomly to loose this setting for certain apps as soon as I work one of the apps. When checking the page as a non-fan I can see all the links on the left (Thats great). When checking the page as a fan I can also see all the links on the left (Thats great too). Only I, the administrator, do not see the links to the apps displayed on my page. Funnily enough I do see some of the apps (also one of them that does not display on my page) displayed on my personal page.

Any ideas why this happens?
albergo
albergo
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Apps disappeared from left-hand column Empty Re: Apps disappeared from left-hand column

Post by Admin Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Have you blocked any of these applications? Account => Privacy Settings => Block Lists => Edit => Edit your lists => Blocked apps.

Can we also have the link to your page?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by albergo Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:41 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. None of my apps is blocked with privacy settings. The fan page is called "Albergo for Backpackers".

Meanwhile I have tested a little bit more and it looks like the problem has become more clear. Most of the problems seem to focus around a youtube app. I have also send an e-mail to the guys from the youtube app. Following is the text from that mail:
Hi,

I am using the youtube application in Facebook. Besides your application I have also add a couple of other application (static html, static iframe, flickr tab).

Problem description:

Part 1:
When looking at my fan page as a administrator I do not see the youtube app link displayed in the left column. Looking at the page logged in as a fan or a non fan, or even when not logged in, the youtube link displays fine in the left column.

Part 2:
When I click edit (under my links to my apps) as a administrator I can change the order off the apps. After I have done that, the youtube tab is also no longer visible for others. When I edit the page and go to my apps overview I select “settings” from youtube. This setting is empty, the link does not have a name (it is available). I have reproduced this problem a couple of times. After editing a name (I can actually select the old name when I start typing), the youtube link appears again like described under part 1.

Part 3:
I edit the page and go to my apps overview I select “go to app” from the youtube application. This is where I found your contact details. After this I returned to my fan page and the link to the youtube app displayed fine be it only for once because after login out and in the problem as described under part 1 was back.

I am of course not sure if this is a facebook problem or a youtube application problem but I hope you can help me out.

My fan page is: Albergo for Backpackers
I have not received a reply yet. Maybe you have another suggestion about how to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Leslie Langeler

Staff Color Removed

Last edited by Ruby on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as stated; staff colours removed)
albergo
albergo
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:01 pm

This seems to be a general bug... I can see all of your tabs without a problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You should report it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by albergo Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:42 am

yes,

Now I can see the youtube app as well, even when I look at the page as an administrator!!! The problem seems to disappear if you just give it enough time. Still, I think it is important to really solve the problem.

For now I am very happy !!!

Thank you for looking into it.

Kind regards,

Leslie Langeler Very Happy
albergo
albergo
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Please let us know if the problem remains solved within the next couple days. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by iMeow Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:19 am

This topic has been moved from Games & Apps Support to Awaiting Reply since the original poster has not replied within a week. If the OP does not reply in 3 more days, this will then be moved to Abandoned. Please, only the OP may reply.
iMeow
iMeow
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by albergo Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am

Hi

The problem has disappeared. I have to add that I did not add any new applications and I also did not change the order of the application links. This to make sure that I did not introduce extra complications. All seems fine now!!!

Leslie happy
albergo
albergo
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 am

albergo wrote:Hi

The problem has disappeared. I have to add that I did not add any new applications and I also did not change the order of the application links. This to make sure that I did not introduce extra complications. All seems fine now!!!

Leslie happy

Thanks for the feedback ( ps; all the (red)Staff Color in the first post has been removed by me )

Sent to Solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum