Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Use Facebook as a Page" missing

3 posters

Go down

"Use Facebook as a Page" missing Empty "Use Facebook as a Page" missing

Post by Lorraine Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:12 pm

I want to use Facebook to promote my design buisness, but they are making it very difficult. I have a personal profile page, and a business page. I created the business page from the personal profile page about a year ago.

However, when FB upgraded/changed the page recently I soon after lost my ability to edit the page. All of the edit icons always bring me to the "Manage Permissions" page.

I can't change "about", I can't change the photo, and when I access the "Account" drop down menu, it still has the "Manage Pages" option, but no "Use Facebook as Page" option. When I click "Manage Pages" it opens a dialogue box that shows only my buisness page as an option to choose. However, I can't do anything with the page other than post on the wall and upload photos that I can't use to change the existing profile photo because the "change picture" icon brings me to the "Manage Permissions" page.

In addition, an older version of my business page is still coming up in searching Facebook for my business name (Vision Pentimento Design Studio) but I can't do anything to or with that page at all..such as delete it which needs to be done as it is confusing for the public to see two different pages.

I have emailed FB on this issue, still no word back, and I need to work on my page. It's as if the page got stuck somewhere between the old and the new and is therefore inoperable.

My personal profile page seems to be working fine, but also does not have the "use Facebook as Page" option in the Account drop down menu. Not sure if it should be there but I thought I would mention it none the less. I am the only page administrator for both pages, and was able to edit the business page up until about a week or two ago.

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

"Use Facebook as a Page" missing Empty Re: "Use Facebook as a Page" missing

Post by Admin Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Having lost admin rights after your page was upgraded is a known issue, so you don't need to worry. Read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Facebook doesn't notify you when they fix your problem (if they do), so you'll need to check your page daily and see if there are any changes. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

"Use Facebook as a Page" missing Empty RE: Facebook "New" Business Page Bug

Post by Lorraine Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. At least I now know it's them...not me.

FB is pushing for businesses to use FB for marketing, promos and and advertising, but if they can't even be relied upon to notify businesses of these types of issues and provide at least some sort of an ETA for a fix, they have a lot of work to do in the QA/Customer Relations department...big time.

I wonder if the government knows that bugs such as this can put a FB page at a standstill. Something for the feds to keep in mind as they are planning to use FB for terror alerts.

Duhhh
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:47 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply

There has been no reply of this being solved for over a week.

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days we will move this topic to the Abandoned Topic section without further notice.
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum