Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred"

5 posters

Go down

Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred" Empty Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred"

Post by ambora Sat May 14, 2011 1:21 am

For the past several months my Facebook Chat has been unavailable. I am able to see my online friends but I am unable to talk to any of them. I always get after every message "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again." It doesn't matter what computer I'm on, what browser I use, who I talk to, what time I'm on, what kind of internet connection I use, or even if I use my iPhone facebook app, I cannot talk to anyone OR receive any messages from people. My "Messages" section also doesn't work. (Inbox it used to be.) Anyone else's account will work on the same computer and have no problems, it's only mine.

I have send in several inquiries to the actual Facebook help section and they have fixed nothing and I have received no replies. I have looked all over Google and all over Facebook and find nothing pertaining to my problem. I hope you guys can help.
ambora
ambora
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred" Empty Re: Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred"

Post by Tim Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 am

Hello,

How long has this problem been occuring for, and when did you submit your bug report to Facebook?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred" Empty Re: Facebook Chat "Unexpected Error Has Occurred"

Post by ambora Tue May 17, 2011 4:09 pm

For about 2... going on 3 months. And I submitted my bug report to Facebook 2 weeks ago.
ambora
ambora
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 24, 2011 1:06 am

Which link did you use to report the problem
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ambora Fri May 27, 2011 11:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ambora
ambora
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 31, 2011 3:56 am

Since the original report is now about a month ago, perhaps try submitting another bug report.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ambora Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:19 pm

I already did a week ago...
ambora
ambora
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Do you actually turn off the machines you use for Facebook or do you leave them on?

In other words...does the System need to be 'refreshed' to make sure you are'logged in'?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ambora Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes I still need help...

Moved back from AR to Other Problems
ambora
ambora
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Illicit Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:03 am

Hello,

I am facing exactly the same error for 2 and a half monts now! Chat and messages are completely out of order just as they are in your case..
Still haven't found any solution. The only possible solution I thought of is sending every day a chat and a message bug report, after all that negligence I got at first place!
All that went in vein, of course, as you may assume from your case. Not a single answer...

In case you need to read a urgent message you may do this
Account -> Account Settings -> Download your information. You will get messages and other stuff in html form. At least the new ones are included there.
I know it's less effective than the worst temporary solution, as you cannot answer or download the file whenever you want ( I think they have 1-2 day restriction), but is
the best cure i could find..

I would love to read a solution here, too.

Best regards, K.
Illicit
Illicit

Back to top Go down

Post by ambora Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

So I guess nobody will get back to me? Neither has Facebook.
ambora
ambora
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fayde Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:07 am

Moved from Other Problems to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum