Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts to News Feed

2 posters

Go down

Posts to News Feed Empty Posts to News Feed

Post by jwc300m Sun May 15, 2011 5:30 pm

My posts to my News Feed get switched to my Profile. I want my Friends to see my posts on their News Feed instead of being required to go to my Profile to see my posts. What's going on here?
jwc300m
jwc300m

Back to top Go down

Posts to News Feed Empty Re: Posts to News Feed

Post by Tim Tue May 17, 2011 1:55 am

Whenever you post something (eg. a status) it gets posted on your profile as well as your news feed. So when you post an item, it will also show up on your friend's News Feeds
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jwc300m Tue May 17, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks Tim for the reply, but why do my posts in News Feed sometimes stay there, and sometimes they get removed from my News Feed and moved to my Profile? The process doen't make any sense to me. Thanks
jwc300m
jwc300m

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 24, 2011 2:00 am

Hi,

Are you referring to the News Feed on each account's home page?

Stories there appear either by Most Recent or Top News, depending on which feed is selected (the feed is chosen by each person's account; the option is located on the top right of every Facebook home page).

The stories don't get 'moved' from the News Feed to your profile; rather, when something is posted it should appear on both your profile page and the news feed (on your friend's accounts). As more activity happens and/or time passes, that story is shifted down and eventually removed from each friend's news feeds. On your profile page, it also gets shifted down, but since it's specifically about your account the story/activity stays on your page.

So when you make a new post, your friends will see it on their news feed (depending on their settings) and it will also post on your profile page. In the former situation, after a while that post will move down and eventually disappear from their news feed to make room for other stories. In the latter situation, the post does not get removed unless you specifically remove it yourself.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum