Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't publish as fan page anymore

2 posters

Go down

Can't publish as fan page anymore Empty Can't publish as fan page anymore

Post by LeopoldSpanovic Fri May 20, 2011 7:23 am

Hello

My problem is that I add like button to iframe app. And since then I got this message on top of my page

Administer Your Page.
This is the administration interface for your webpage at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can see Insights and publish to the users that have liked your webpage. Only the administrators of the webpage can view this interface, other users are sent to the webpage.

And I also can not publish as fan page anymore and my settings panel is change. Can you help me?
LeopoldSpanovic
LeopoldSpanovic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Can't publish as fan page anymore Empty Re: Can't publish as fan page anymore

Post by LeopoldSpanovic Fri May 20, 2011 7:47 am

Some more info

when i search for my page in search bar (facebook) it shows, but when i click it it's open in new window like shared link -> but the category is place.

Some images

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LeopoldSpanovic
LeopoldSpanovic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Wait that's... weird. That yellow banner should only show up on external pages in which a like button has been added to, not a Facebook page.

Is this your page? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Can you please take a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of what you see in there, and where exactly you've placed your "like" button?
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopoldSpanovic Sat May 21, 2011 5:24 am

Yes first I have normal page and the next day my page became this. Is there any way to change it back? I put like button on my landing iframe tab - with xfbml.

Sreenshots

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LeopoldSpanovic
LeopoldSpanovic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopoldSpanovic Sat May 21, 2011 5:54 am

So I just add like button for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on three pages.

1. Iframe tab for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. Old facebook page iframe tab [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3. And on app which at the moment is not avalible.

So there where three like buttons and that was all. Can this effect on my fb page so much that it change it in like button page??? Is there any way to get it back?
LeopoldSpanovic
LeopoldSpanovic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2011 1:06 pm

FYI, "Like" buttons are supposed to be added in external websites, not Facebook pages! You managed to mess up the liked item by adding your page as such...

Remove all the "Like" buttons you've added. It makes no sense to keep them there. Then, your page should be back to normal under your view.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopoldSpanovic Sat May 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Ok, I remove all the like buttons. But there is still a problem.

And why is problem with like buttons for that? I have three same pages older than this with same system and there is no problem.
LeopoldSpanovic
LeopoldSpanovic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 21, 2011 3:20 pm

I repeat, Open Graph "Like" buttons are not supposed to be used on Pages. They're not needed, and then can cause major confusion, like in this case.

For each Facebook page, non-fans have a "Like" button at the top, to "like" and follow it. Don't you think it's redundant to have 2, that have different functions, but one of them is unneeded? It is!

Your page should go back to normal soon, though. Make sure to also clear your cookies and cache.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeopoldSpanovic Sat May 21, 2011 4:55 pm

So for coclusion you can't use open graph like button for URL facebook.com/youpagename on any site? Because if you look that way iframe tab are just other sites.

I must say it is very strange, I know that open graph like button make page behind it but i don't have any example beside this where hapens that like take over some page.

Soo I can make like button for any page even if it is not mine and it will take over it? It is not make a sense...
LeopoldSpanovic
LeopoldSpanovic
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum