Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poke Wars

5 posters

Go down

Poke Wars Empty Poke Wars

Post by Surf Dude001 Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm rather impressed this hasn't been discussed yet! Who here engages in poke wars? A poke war is where a user continually poke back-and-forth a user for an extended amount of time. I do this with about ten people. Anyone else?
Surf Dude001
Surf Dude001
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Poke Wars Empty Re: Poke Wars

Post by Poke Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

Surf Dude001 wrote:I'm rather impressed this hasn't been discussed yet! Who here engages in poke wars? A poke war is where a user continually poke back-and-forth a user for an extended amount of time. I do this with about ten people. Anyone else?

I sometime engaged in poke wars, but sometimes i get bored poking people back and it depends on who the person is that poked me if it is a 52 year old man I just delete it. Other people says its fun to poke people but I dont think that way. But whats the point in having poking things to poke people besides doing it for wars and to see how many people poke other people in that certain hour. I think there this one time we brought it up. But its been a long time now i dont think anyone who posted on the topic remembers it anymore.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:51 am

Surf Dude001 wrote:I'm rather impressed this hasn't been discussed yet
Don't be !!!

! Who here engages in poke wars? A poke war is where a user continually poke back-and-forth a user for an extended amount of time. I do this with about ten people. Anyone else?

I assume you think that that is clever and 'responsible behavour ' and fun to treat your fellow Facebookers in this way on Facebook ...yes?

More likely yet another method of getting you banned I humbly suggest!!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Dude001 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Wait, what? I think you took that a little wrong, Ruby. I was just getting this forums opinions on who does it. No harm is intended but no, I don't necessarily think it's "responsible behavior." I was just asking. How in the world would you get banned for that? Poke, same here. I don't poke people I don't know. Actually, I don't even start these wars. People start em' with me and I tend to end them, haha.
Surf Dude001
Surf Dude001
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Ruby, I dont think you can get banned from "poking people" on Facebook. You can poke many people as you want.
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Surf Dude001 wrote: How in the world would you get banned for that?

Ask Facebook not us!!

If someone wishes to complain about your behaviour or use of the Facebook facilities then you can get banned...simple!!

[quot] Actually, I don't even start these wars. People start em' with me and I tend to end them, haha.[/quote]

I suggest you do not even participate as you do not wish to get banned, do you ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Ruby wrote:
Surf Dude001 wrote: How in the world would you get banned for that?

Ask Facebook not us!!

If someone wishes to complain about your behaviour or use of the Facebook facilities then you can get banned...simple!!

[quot] Actually, I don't even start these wars. People start em' with me and I tend to end them, haha.

I suggest you do not even participate as you do not wish to get banned, do you ?[/quote]

Ruby,

What do you mean by getting banned? banned from here or on Facebook?
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Dude001 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

>.<

Facebook wouldn't ban you for simply poking someone. It's not a physical action, its just a click (or two).

Yes, I pridefully to participate in them, otherwise this topic wouldn't be here, lol. As I just said, you won't nor can't get banned for doing a simple action as poking someone.
Surf Dude001
Surf Dude001
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Surf Dude001 wrote:
Facebook wouldn't ban you for simply poking someone. It's not a physical action, its just a click (or two).

Lets hope Facebook shares your belief in that ....

Yes, I pridefully to participate in them, otherwise this topic wouldn't be here
*Ahem*; if Staff believe any topic ( this one included!!) is inappropriate etc then it will get moved...

As I just said, you won't nor can't get banned for doing a simple action as poking someone.

Famous last words then ;lets hope the next new topic on this forum is not

'how do I get unbanned as I poked someone on Facebook and I got banned ' Whistle
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Actually Ruby is part right someone can report you for keeping poking people. But you can not get banned when you just keep poking different people. As long you dont annoyed them to much...
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Surf Dude001 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Anyways, lets get back on topic.
Surf Dude001
Surf Dude001
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Surf Dude001 wrote:Anyways, lets get back on topic.

Excuse me but it is Staff Job to make comments like that and we have not yet been 'off -topic'

The points raised are actually relevent to your original post
From Chat room

coming from the facebook fourm moderator lol

Yes I am a Moderator and here to ensure all runs as it should ;

However you 'do' the poke you are using the Facebook facilities and Facebook may not wish you to use them so much

Or someone may complain to Facebook that you are 'poking ' them and they do not like it and you then get a warning or a Temp ban from Facebook !! Sad
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Some points of view are accurate here, some others aren't.

The poking feature doesn't have any kinds of settings or control. You can't control who can be able to poke you, or know how many times you've been poked, or even get disabled/roadblocked for poking several people.

However, you do have to consider you can get reported by the person you're harassing and then lose access to your account. Therefore, in case you're organizing a poke war, make sure you know the other person and that (s)he won't report you for that.

Back to the answer in the first post, I rarely use the poke feature as I don't find any uses for it. But I have a friend with who we're constantly poking each other. I know, it doesn't sound good, but Facebook decided to name this feature like that. Tongue
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by No Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Surf Dude001 wrote:>.<

Yes, I pridefully to participate in them, otherwise this topic wouldn't be here, lol. As I just said, you won't nor can't get banned for doing a simple action as poking someone.

They wouldn't add a feature that would ban everyone that uses it.
No
No
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Poke Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:35 pm

No wrote:
Surf Dude001 wrote:>.<

They wouldn't add a feature that would ban everyone that uses it.

umm i think we kinda said that. -.- people uses it for entertainment and they wont get banned unless someone report the person who did it then you can get banned..
Poke
Poke
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down