Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights

2 posters

Go down

Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights Empty Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights

Post by LiaFantasia Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 am

Back in 2008, I created a facebook page for an organisation I was working for. When I quit working there, I gave admin access to the person replacing me so it could continue to be maintained and updated. After some significant staffing changes, they no longer know who the admin of the page is, but as I created the page, they have contacted me for help getting it back. However, I don't have admin access to the page and probably haven't for a while. Is there any way they can regain access so they don't have to lose the 600 fans they have?
LiaFantasia
LiaFantasia

Back to top Go down

Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights Empty Re: Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights

Post by Tim Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 am

Hello,
It is currently not possible for an user to find out who the page admin is unless they tell you themselves. Is the page still being updated with activity posted by the page?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights Empty Re: Organisation fan page - finding the admin rights

Post by LiaFantasia Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 am

No, no activity posted by the page only by fans. None of the other employees have it, and the only one we can think of who might know is uncontactable, and may well have left facebook. My suspicion is making a new page is the only option and hope we can get most of the fans across?
LiaFantasia
LiaFantasia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Unfortunately, your suspicion is correct. I believe some pages *might* have a 'Page Owners' section displayed, but if that isn't there on that particular page, then there is no way to gain admin access to (or even find out who admins) that page.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum