Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly

3 posters

Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly

Post by shawnmanroland Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 pm

I created a Fan Page as an artist under people, I have checked out several tutorials, etc., and cannot get (become a fan - add to facebook - likebox) to generate correctly. Not using wordpress. Likebutton working ok (a bit glitchy and is not consistant with likes.)
General user page @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or should be fan page @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I see ID#, but just not working. Any suggestions?
I just want to put a like box (become a fan) on my website so I can be more reachable with my art. Thank you.

shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Re: Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly

Post by Admin Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Use this code. Wink

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FShawn-Man%2F218777724802912&width=292&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:292px; height:62px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

You can edit the "false" attributes and make them "true" instead for your fans, stream, etc. to also be displayed, if you want. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Close but left with one detail (do not get become a fan button on wall)

Post by shawnmanroland Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Thank you for help, still one small but important issue. I was sent code below, much better, but I do not see ability to "become a fan" on wall, or separate widget? I had friend cross check from their facebook page (however already fan) and can't tell if this is set up correctly. Just want to create facebook based mailing list and ability to be followed without being solicitous. Here is my site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Here, is code that was sent below, and prior forum request below that (pasted - pardon redundancy) with other info in case helpful. Thank you so much awesome peoples Happy

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FShawn-Man%2F218777724802912&width=292&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:292px; height:62px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Here also is previous request below in case any of this info is helpful. Thank you very much, getting close.

I created a Fan Page as an artist under people, I have checked out several tutorials, etc., and cannot get (become a fan - add to facebook - likebox) to generate correctly. Not using wordpress. Likebutton working ok (a bit glitchy and is not consistant with likes.)
General user page @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or should be fan page @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I see ID#, but just not working. Any suggestions?
I just want to put a like box (become a fan) on my website so I can be more reachable with my art. Thank you.

shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Re: Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly

Post by Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Topics merged. Please reply to your topic instead of creating a new one for the same problem. Happy

But I do not see ability to "become a fan" on wall, or separate widget?
What do you mean?

If you click on "Shawn Man", your Facebook page will be opened in a new tab. People will be able to like your page by clicking the "Like" button.

If they click on "Like", they will automatically like it and see your page's updates in their news feeds.

If the button is grayed out, it means that you have already "liked" your page.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Thanks for code - can I make fan page/like image shorter?

Post by shawnmanroland Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 am

Here is code I was given - thank you, working better - Trying new theme and content area isn't as wide. Can this be made about 20 pixels shorter. I don't mind if it is larger vertically to accomodate. I have been playing around with changing numbers in both width sections, but nothing changing. Any suggestions. or is it not poss.? Thank you.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FShawn-Man%2F218777724802912&width=292&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:292px; height:62px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Topics merged (again). Please stop opening different topics for the same problem, post a reply to this topic instead.

You can modify the height while changing the "height" values found in the URL and the style attribute. I've highlighted them below.

To make it 20px shorter then, use this code.

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FShawn-Man%2F218777724802912&width=292&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=42" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:292px; height:42px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Still having issue changing Width of Fan/Like bar

Post by shawnmanroland Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:26 pm

I have this code from forum member/s:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FShawn-Man%2F218777724802912&width=292&colorscheme=dark&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:292px; height:62px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Was informed about changing height info - as far as shrinking height, that worked, but not what I was intending. I should have included screenshot before. Here is a screenshot. I have played with changing one or both of width items ( I tried to highlight, incl, in word, but does not show up here ) but there are two - this did nothing, I have tried changing height up to 102 for both to accomodate for width change ( trying all of these attributes) however, box continuously keeps staying the same size. I did however notice, when heights were changed to larger, that for a split second the area box prior to image showing up was taller, but again, just shows up like standard size. I am just trting to get this image/link to show up nicely in sidebar - width (length) of bar needs to be shorter, and height most likely higher. I am sorry to be asking again, and have been messing with numbers as I mentioned, but it is just staying like this. I hope there is a good suggestion. The Length (Width) seems to need to be about 172px somehow. Height for me is flexible. Maybe this is not a flexible 'widget' not sure. Thank you all very much for your help - You rock!
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Topics merged (for the 3rd time). You're getting an infraction, I've already warned you 2 times of clicking the "Post Reply" and NOT the "New Topic" button when writing a reply. If you can't follow our rules, then I won't help you anymore.

Here is a screenshot.
I see no screenshot at all.

The box found in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looks OK to me.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Apology only

Post by shawnmanroland Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Apology only. I am sorry to have irritated you - I completely understand, and humbly apologize. As I provide a service myself, and spend a lot of unpaid time dealing with issues for people myself in my industry, please know I do not take that for granted, and that I am learning how to use facebook and its forum. - Obviously, now that you mentioned this issue, I figured it out. At first it seemed that I could not reply to your post, so next time, as I was so excited to have received code and your help, I overlooked your request to post as a reply and to try harder to do so. I won't bug you with my new issue anymore and try again to upload screenshot unless I hear back from you to do so. - Yes what you sent me is working fine on my current site, of course you would think I am crazy (I am an artist -supposed to be a little crazy). Just know that I am grateful, and I can totally see being irritated with my case, but I needed to tell you that I just didn't find the post reply thing easily until you mentioned this problem and was bummed that I became annoying - but knowing it was a problem now, I tried harder, and figured it out. Again, unless you tell me otherwise, I will keep hacking at it myself at this point and not bother you as requested. I thought that the screenshot was attached correctly, but was my first attempt at that on this forum as well, clicked send before reviewing by accident, and I see this now, figured out the reply area correctly, I can see why - my bad - but now I get it, oh well.. Please except my sincere apology, and thanks.

I am creating new theme which is not up, so again, yes, what you see is currently fine and working - I needed that screenshot to go through, oh well.. ( it has a more narrow content area than the link you looked at).

-shawn
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:30 am

Don't worry about it, we all learn from our mistakes. Happy

To rectify: you're creating a new skin as we speak that hasn't been released yet, and you have problems with the like button in that skin? Otherwise, do you still have problems with the width?

To learn how to take and upload a screenshot (if this is still and issue), refer to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Very Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Thank you - no img upload yet (still trying) but one last description attempt

Post by shawnmanroland Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you, and correct - I am creating new skin and still stumped changing proportions. I am close to getting the screenshot to upload correctly, but having trouble with last step for some reason. (it is not allowing me to paste img). I will keep working on this as it is much more helpful I know. In the meantime, as my kids are away and returning soon, and you are giving me another chance, I will just try with words one more time as I have to go to work for the day myself.

The like button is cut off at 'on faceb' so that the pic/image shows correctly; Shawn Man, Like button, but cuts off at 'on faceb' (the 'ook' part of facebook and remaining border at right is missing) Height is flexible with this skin - tried messing with where your code's 'width' and 'height' areas are as suggested, but it is not changing in either skin (checked current version in case that was an issue).

*I will keep trying to get an uploaded image to paste to forum in the evenings - after img upload window browses for screenshot: I hit host, then code shows in 3 panes, I selected copy, clicked host, and it reverts back to upload screen without second code to copy and paste. Tried many different ways, and kept reverting back to instructions. Anyway, if description above is still unclear, just reply - keep trying img. upload. Regardless, I will keep practicing this, until I get that last step figured out correctly. Also, I won't reply again with issue until I get the image upload resolved, just giving description one last shot in the meantime. Thank you for your understanding Happy
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

Once you've selected the image file from your PC and hit Upload, copy any of the 3 links and paste it in a new reply.

It could be a problem with the template itself and not really the button, but I need to see a screenshot to be sure of it.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Got screen shot up, now can't type, but I think will work for you -thanks

Post by shawnmanroland Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty Solved :)

Post by shawnmanroland Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:50 pm

It's working! Maybe, my program needs more time to register certain changes, and if I try too many times - it needs to catch up? - Not sure (I really tried the same changes before) But this time it worked! Yay, anyway, case over. thank you for your help - again sorry for the extra effort, but at least figure out how to use forum with your help.

Cheers, happy 4th!
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:31 pm

The Likebox cannot be narrower than it currently is... that's why, even though you keep on decreasing its width, it says the same. You could:

a. Make the whole container (the black column) a few pixels wider. If it doesn't have one defined, try adding this attribute to it.

<div id="..." style="width:XXpx"></div>

Replace "XX" with the width.

b. Try moving the box a little to the left. For that, wrap the box between <div></div> tags and then use margins to force it to move. Something like this could work,

<div style="margin-left:-10px">
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FShawn-Man%2F218777724802912&width=292&colorscheme=dark&show_faces=false&border_color&stream=false&header=false&height=62" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:292px; height:62px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
</div>

Then play around with the margin-left attribute until you get it right. The higher the number, the more it will be moved to the left. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 am

Moved from Group/Fan Page/Event Support to Awaiting Reply.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for several days. Do you still require help?

If you do not reply to this thread within the next 3 days, we will assume you have abandoned your request for help, and this thread will be moved to the Abandoned Topics section without further notice.

If you are not the thread starter, please do not post for any help or support on this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Cannot get Likebox (become a fan) to generate code correctly Empty resolved issue - thank you

Post by shawnmanroland Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Sorry I did not reply sooner - As I mentioned, little kids are distracting and draining. Anyway, yes your code/edit info worked, and this first issue has been resolved. I am left with a separate question, but related to the fanbox and fanpage. Assuming that I should start a new thread for this unless you tell me otherwise. Thank you again for your help - kept meaning to reply, sorry about that.

Cheers,
shawn
shawnmanroland
shawnmanroland
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Shawn,

No worries - thanks for the update Happy Yep if you could start a new thread that'd be great. We're always happy to help
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down