Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old page name still showing up in search results

2 posters

Go down

Old page name still showing up in search results Empty Old page name still showing up in search results

Post by MeetKarenGlover Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi, I have set up a Page and then changed the name, the page with the previous name is still showing up in search results - it has 3 likes. I really need to get rid of this page as it is very confusing!

The link is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The page was originally Chenille No.5 and changed it to Chenille No.5 Kids Clothing

I saw a post with a similar problem but I couldn't add a comment to that post, so had to start a new one.

cheers, Karen. (on behalf of Tex Bain, whose page it is!!)
MeetKarenGlover
MeetKarenGlover

Back to top Go down

Old page name still showing up in search results Empty Re: Old page name still showing up in search results

Post by Admin Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:20 pm

I tried searching for "Chenille No.5" and "Chenille No.5 Kids Clothing" and both results show me your page named as Chenille No.5 Kids Clothing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your browser could be storing your old page's name in a cookie or in cached memory. Make sure to clean your cookies and cache, then trying again. Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Old page name still showing up in search results Empty Re: Old page name still showing up in search results

Post by MeetKarenGlover Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 am

Hi, no the page still shows up in search results and it is actually there, not just in cache.

I tried to send you a screen capture but couldn't.

Here is the url for it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if you search chenille no5 - it shows up.

I have tried to "report page" but i just get that most stupid of facebook message "something went wrong and we're trying to fix it" GREAT!!!

People are confused by this. Appreciate your help :-)

Cheers, Karen.

MeetKarenGlover
MeetKarenGlover

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:46 pm

More than 1 person is experiencing this problem? Have you tried creating a dummy account and seeing if you get the same result as your admin account?

For the screenshot, read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeetKarenGlover Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I have created a dummy account and no, cannot see the "extra" page. I could see it from my account also, but can't seem to today -very strange. The page has 2 likes and has comments.

Would just like to understand what/why this page is?

Tried to do screen capture, hope it worked?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks, Karen.
MeetKarenGlover
MeetKarenGlover

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Yup, thanks for the screen caps. Wink

That's a different page, not the one I was talking about. It's called an "Official" page and it's generated when someone types in information while editing their profile. In this case, someone (probably you) used "Chenille No.5" as their employer/job and the page got created.

You can't edit it, so I'm afraid you'll have to ask Facebook to delete it. Click the "Report this page" link on the left side and choose the "Duplicate or miscategorized Page" option.

Good luck! Wink
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down