Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted??

2 posters

Go down

If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted?? Empty If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted??

Post by mroush Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

PLEASE HELP!!! I am (or was) an admin on a Facebook Page for a university, but was not the creator. The creator of the Page recently stopped working for the university, and subsequently removed himself as the administrator of the Page. Shortly thereafter, the Facebook Page was deleted, kiboshed, vanished, nowhere to be found.

I have found many topics and FAQ's discussing similar issues, but none address my specific questions: If the creator of a Facebook Page removes him/herself as an administrator, is the page automatically deleted?

To clarify some things: There were multiple administrators of the page, including myself, at the time of deletion. The creator removed himself, no other administrator did it. To my knowledge there were no changes to the "creator" permissions of the page, though I have found some answers that say "creator" permissions no longer matter (??).

PLEASE help me--we need to know ASAP how it was deleted, and if we can even get it back.

Thanks so much!
mroush
mroush

Back to top Go down

If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted?? Empty Re: If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted??

Post by Admin Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm

If the creator of a Facebook Page removes him/herself as an administrator, is the page automatically deleted?
No.

Maybe he deleted the page instead of removing his rights, or some other admin deleted the page. There's no other reason why the page would be deleted.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted?? Empty Re: If Facebook Page Creator removes him/herself as admin, is Page deleted??

Post by mroush Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks! Also, do you know anything about profile hacking? I don't want to hack, I'm just curious what common hacker behavior is. How difficult is it to hack into a page? In that vein, would it be reasonable to think that a hacker would get into someone's account and only delete a single Facebook page? I know that sounds like a crazy question--logically it doesn't make much sense to me--but you never know these days.
mroush
mroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:42 pm

That question should be asked in a different question, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] more precisely. Happy
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mroush Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks
mroush
mroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum