Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code

2 posters

Go down

Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code Empty Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code

Post by lwithdiamonds Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 pm

I have not been able to log in to my FB account for several days. At first, the problem was just on my laptops (PC and MAC), so I reset my password...then I was also no longer able to login on my iPhone app.

I have login approval code enabled, and I suspect this is the issue. Whenever I try to login, whether it's https:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I get the same error (see screen shot uploaded): "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can."

I've tried resetting my password multiple times. It resets (and I know it does because I get email confirmation), but I get the same error message.

When I try to login from my phone, I get a pop saying to use the code that will be texted to me. I do that, putting it in the password line, as instructed, and I am told it is unable to connect to FB and I should try again.

If I use the texted code to attempt to login on my laptops, I get the same Something Went Wrong message, and then I also get an email saying someone was able to login to my account using a one-time password, just as an FYI (but I never get to login, because I get the same error message). I've tried doing this after I tried using the code on my phone, as well as when a fresh code is newly texted to me and I haven't used that code already on my phone.

I attempted resetting my log in with a different email. I successfully verified my identity and waited 24 hours for this to take affect. I now get FB notifications through that second email, but if I try to login with that email, I'm told it's an incorrect login. However, when I try to login with my original FB email login, I get the same Something Went Wrong email.

I've tried deleting cookies, cache, history, and restarting.

I have a second FB account I don't use...I didn't set up login approval on this account. I AM able to access FB on this account through my laptops or phone. My husband is still able to access his FB on the laptops.

I'm at a loss of how else to trouble shoot this. I did report this bug to FB, but I haven't heard back.

I am positive I'm typing the correct password (email confirmation when I reset password confirms this, too), and when I try to reset password, I am successfully able to do that....but I don't get logged in.

Help would be much appreciated. I'm not a clueless user, but I've not been able to turn up any other troubleshooting techniques other than what I've reviewed above.

Moved ( on review of content)from Password to Mobile notifications

Last edited by Ruby on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected typo9(Mod Ruby; moved as per stated my Green text))
lwithdiamonds
lwithdiamonds
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code Empty Re: Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code

Post by lwithdiamonds Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Now both accounts are locked!

In July, when trying to log into my account on my desktop, I kept getting an error: "Sorry, something went wrong." "We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." I thought it was a password issue, so I said that I forgot my password and reset it. It let me reset it, and I got an email notification of the reset. However, as soon as I entered the new password, I got the same error message, "Sorry, something went wrong."

I tried logging in on my phone, but I got a pop-up to enter a verification code. I got the code, and I entered it...and then I was told FB was unavailable. I tried logging in on different computers (PC and Mac), different browsers, and phones. I tried resetting my password, changing my email, verifying my account, getting friends to verify me, etc...basically, all the troubleshooting for account access.

Each time, I'd go through the steps, enter the secret information or codes, get the opportunity to reset password, and then the same old error message would reappear!

I was so frustrated I created a new account. I've been using that new account, under a different email, since then. Last night, I went to the page of my old account, using my new account log in. I reported the old account, saying it was me, but that I couldn't access it.

This am, when I tried to access FB on my phone, I got an error message about FB not being available. I went to my laptop, and I was asked to verify who I was, allowing my IP address to reveal my location. I confirmed. I was thanked for verifying my id, and I was told I was successful.

Then, I tried to log in to my new account, and the same old Sorry error message came back! I tried my old account, same error message! I tried changing passwords--I get the email notification, but when I enter it, I get the Sorry error message. If I enter an incorrect password, I'm told it's the wrong password, so I know this is NOT a password issue.

I am at my wit's end trying to figure out this bug! I've reported it to FB, but I don't know what else to do! Please help! Now both my accounts are locked. Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lwithdiamonds
lwithdiamonds
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code Empty Re: Trouble Logging in, May be Related to Login Approval Code

Post by Ruby Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:08 pm

May one dare to ask if this has had any progress yet? Sad
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum