Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download Your Information

Go down

Download Your Information Empty Download Your Information

Post by AlbertEHoffman Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Two days ago I initiated a download of my information from my profile settings page. The next day I received an email saying only that the download failed and that I should try again.

Since that time I've tried twice more and nothing happens. That is, I get the usual "download may take awhile" message, click and one would think it's in process. But I get NO MORE emails and after about 12 hours, I try again and there's no PENDING message as it used to do - nothing! It's as if I've not asked at all.

Ideas anyone?

To protect your safety on line your signature with an email address has been removed
AlbertEHoffman
AlbertEHoffman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Download Your Information Empty Re: Download Your Information

Post by AlbertEHoffman Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 pm

I guess none of you who've "viewed" my post has been successful either, huh?

I've been trying once a day and most of the time it's like I didn't even click it. BUT, just now I at least managed to get a "pending" notice. Unfortunately that's happened before too and I eventually get an email saying only that the compilation failed, please try again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AlbertEHoffman
AlbertEHoffman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Download Your Information Empty Downloading

Post by AlbertEHoffman Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:34 am

I suppose whomever watches such things here can mark this thread closed or solved or whatever...

A couple of days after my last post I finally DID receive a download of my FB information, but it had a problem. There were no wall photos in the download. Instead the HTML page for wall photos led to what appears to be the repository of such stuff. Here's one example:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Links similar to the above were in the wall photos HTML file to the tune of only 175 photos when I have MANY more than that on my wall. This is the subject of another of my "unsolved" threads, i.e. wall photo management.

A couple of days ago I tried one more time and this time the download I DID receive is correct! I suppose a user like me will never know why Facebook is so erratic in so many areas and we just have to "live with it."
AlbertEHoffman
AlbertEHoffman
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum