Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall

2 posters

Go down

Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall Empty Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall

Post by Facebook*Newbie*2011 Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 am

Dear all, can you help with the following problem?

I am one of two administrators (the second, added on after the page's creation) of an NGO-type Facebook page.

[1] When I try to share a link on the wall of our page (a link that has been shared/proposed by someone else), it appears on my personal profile wall and not on the general page's wall that's administrated by me.

[2] Similarly, when I like another page, these likes show up in my personal profile but not on the general page administrated by me.

Note: This does not occur when the other administrator carries out points [1] or [2], in which case both links and likes appear on the general wall/page and not on the administrator's personal wall/profile.

Any tips/solutions?

Thank you.
Facebook*Newbie*2011
Facebook*Newbie*2011
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall Empty Re: Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall

Post by Tim Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Hello,
Facebook*Newbie*2011 wrote:
[1] When I try to share a link on the wall of our page (a link that has been shared/proposed by someone else), it appears on my personal profile wall and not on the general page's wall that's administrated by me.
Where (ie. what page) are you entering the link?

Facebook*Newbie*2011 wrote:
[2] Similarly, when I like another page, these likes show up in my personal profile but not on the general page administrated by me.
You have two options to accomplish this:

a) On the page you would like to Like, click the 'Add to My Page's Favourites' link located underneath the profile picture. Then select the page you administrate.

Or
b) On the page you administrate, click the 'Use Facebook as [Your Page name]' link, located on the right side of the page. Any page you subsequently Like will show up on the page you administrate.
To revert back to your personal page, click the 'Account' button in the top right and select the 'Use Facebook as [your name] link.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall Empty Re: Problem sharing links on own wall + liking pages: profile overrides wall

Post by Facebook*Newbie*2011 Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am

Thank you for your help, Tim,

I've changed to 'Use Facebook as [Your Page name]' as you suggested, which seems to have fixed problem [2] and [1].

Have a good weekend :-)
Facebook*Newbie*2011
Facebook*Newbie*2011
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:13 pm

No problem, glad to learn it solved the problem Happy

Have a great weekend too; anything else please feel free to open another thread and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Marked as solved
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum