Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would truly appreciate your help

2 posters

Go down

would truly appreciate your help Empty facebook wont reset password

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:29 pm

yesterday morning i couldnt get into my facebook account settings, all i got was a blank page each time i tried, had a feeling i was hacked, so requested a new password, and reported the problem several times,

i received the link to enter the reset code, which i did successfully, then it asks me for my new password, which i entered, then the page moves too an error message saying "something went wrong we are trying to fix this" its still doing it, can anyone help please
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

would truly appreciate your help Empty would truly appreciate your help

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm

yesterday i couldnt access my account settings page as i have a feeling my facebook was hacked, so i decided to request a new password, i have followed the link, got the reset code entered, typed in my new password but i keep getting an error message saying somethings went wrong, i dont know wat else i can do, have sent facebook about 12 emails to help sort this, but not reply, does anyone have any suggestions, please
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

would truly appreciate your help Empty Re: would truly appreciate your help

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:44 pm

must add that i have used my sisters computer to try to complete these steps to no avail, my children are able to log into their facebook accounts no problem and get to their account settings, i am so confused, please any advice
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

would truly appreciate your help Empty Facebook problems

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:50 pm

i am experiencing the same problem, i cant get anyone to help, ive tried everything, but im not even getting replies from facebook other than automatic emails which direct me to the same steps, which still end up the same, once i type in my new password i get the error page, somethings not right,
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

would truly appreciate your help Empty error message, sorry something went wrong we are trying to fix this

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm

yesterday i couldnt access my account settings page as i have a feeling my facebook was hacked, so i decided to request a new password, i have followed the link, got the reset code entered, typed in my new password but i keep getting an error message saying somethings went wrong, i dont know wat else i can do, have sent facebook about 12 emails to help sort this, but not reply, does anyone have any suggestions, please. i have tried to go through these steps at my sisters same thing keeps happening, noone else has problems, is there anything else i can try or is there an email address for facebook that i would actually get a reply

ourdoll0475
Facebook Newbie

ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I have merged your three threads in to one; you really do not help us to help you by this behaviour!!

Please do summarise all you have done so we can have a sensible starting point

Thanks
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:04 pm

so sorry just i read how to get a reply so reposted, sorry for the confusion.

yesterday morning i tried to access my account settings on my profile, as i tried to access this page all i got was a blank page, i asked my sister from her computer to try access my account settings and she got the same, i did all this as i had an email that someone had tried to enter my pagebook. i reported that my account had been coprised and followed the step by step procedure of having a code emailed. i got the code followed to step one entered it, then i followed entered the "2 encryted words" took me to stage 2 which was enter new password, and confirm password, click enter then i get the error page "something went wrong we are trying to fix this" i have tried this over and over, to no avail, i then tried the forgot passsword procedure, this takes me to the same pages i have explained above, i have avg virus, and scanned y computer, my children can access their pages no problem, please can you help
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 pm

That is now four posts /threads I have split and merged; if this continues the whole lot will go to Solved and you will start again
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ourdoll0475 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:30 pm

ruby

u asked me to explain wat i have done, thats why i wrote the above, ????
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 pm

ourdoll0475 wrote:

i asked my sister from her computer to try access my account settings and she got the same,
so she also knows your Facebook log in details?

i did all this as i had an email that someone had tried to enter my pagebook
.Your Pagebook ??What do you mean by this ?

i reported that my account had been coprised
How did you do this ?

and followed the step by step procedure of having a code emailed. i got the code followed to step one entered it, then i followed entered the "2 encryted words" took me to stage 2 which was enter new password, and confirm password, click enter then i get the error page "something went wrong we are trying to fix this" i have tried this over and over, to no avail,

You probably sent the system into overdrive!!!

i then tried the forgot passsword procedure
Why?

i have avg virus, and scanned y computer, my children can access their pages no problem, please can you help

Try these two scans

Taken from Malwarebytes web site
‘Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)’.

Disclaimer; Run at your own risk

Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop.
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes , they may interfere or alert you.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet to be able to install and update the program

(NB once the program has updated please disconnect from the Internet and run the scan while off- line )

• Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Taken from Superantispyware web site
Compatibility
‘SUPERAntiSpyware.com software is compatible with 2000, XP Home/Professional, 2003, Server 2008, Vista and Windows 7.

SUPERAntiSpyware is provided as a native 32-bit application and a native 64-bit application. The installer will install the proper version for your operating system.

We offer an older version 4.24 that works with Windows 98, 98SE, and ME.’

Disclaimer ;Run at your own risk

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

NB; this program should be run while off-line so once updated please go off- line to run the scan

• In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Run correctly this scan (from my own personal experience) may take up to 8 or more hours to run so be patient (but hopefully much quicker than that!!

Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ourdoll0475 Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:37 pm

hi ruby

i dont have any viruses, i still cant access my facebook, i had requested a new password, waited 24hrs, started the security check again, and once i got as far as typing in a new password like it requested i am still getting the error message, something isnt right and we are trying to fix this asap, any other suggestions, i asked my sister to try it 2 days ago from her laptop, but she had no luck either, would love some help please
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Ruby wrote:
ourdoll0475 wrote:

i asked my sister from her computer to try access my account settings and she got the same,
so she also knows your Facebook log in details?

i did all this as i had an email that someone had tried to enter my pagebook
.Your Pagebook ??What do you mean by this ?

i reported that my account had been coprised
How did you do this ?

and followed the step by step procedure of having a code emailed. i got the code followed to step one entered it, then i followed entered the "2 encryted words" took me to stage 2 which was enter new password, and confirm password, click enter then i get the error page "something went wrong we are trying to fix this" i have tried this over and over, to no avail,

You probably sent the system into overdrive!!!

i then tried the forgot passsword procedure
Why?

i have avg virus, and scanned y computer, my children can access their pages no problem, please can you help

Try these two scans

Taken from Malwarebytes web site
‘Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)’.

Disclaimer; Run at your own risk

Please download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your desktop.
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes , they may interfere or alert you.

• Make sure you are connected to the Internet to be able to install and update the program

(NB once the program has updated please disconnect from the Internet and run the scan while off- line )

• Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

• Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

• If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
On the Scanner tab:

• Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:

• Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Taken from Superantispyware web site
Compatibility
‘SUPERAntiSpyware.com software is compatible with 2000, XP Home/Professional, 2003, Server 2008, Vista and Windows 7.

SUPERAntiSpyware is provided as a native 32-bit application and a native 64-bit application. The installer will install the proper version for your operating system.

We offer an older version 4.24 that works with Windows 98, 98SE, and ME.’

Disclaimer ;Run at your own risk

Next run Superantisypware (SAS):

Download and scan with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

NB; this program should be run while off-line so once updated please go off- line to run the scan

• In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Run correctly this scan (from my own personal experience) may take up to 8 or more hours to run so be patient (but hopefully much quicker than that!!

With respect; you have failed to answer these questions or do the requested scans !!!!

i asked my sister from her computer to try access my account settings and she got the same

Why does someone other than you know your Facebook log- in details ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ourdoll0475 Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:45 pm

ruby i am saying i did both scans, and nothing showed up

secondly i only asked my sister to try from her computer as i thought it could be my laptop, but seems it wasnt, shes my sister and i trust her
ourdoll0475
ourdoll0475
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:53 pm

ourdoll0475 wrote:ruby i am saying i did both scans, and nothing showed up

May we please see the reports ?

secondly i only asked my sister to try from her computer as i thought it could be my laptop, but seems it wasnt, shes my sister and i trust her

So she does know your log in details?

Trust no one with them or you are at risk !!!

Have you yet given the Facebook account a 'rest' and not tried to log in for a week maybe? For some reason such a 'rest' seems to work for some!!!
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum