Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help

4 posters

Go down

I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help Empty I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help

Post by jaymi_9891 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:18 pm

I'll keep this short, I can access any other site at whim, and at rare times it will let me sign in but than after no longer than 2 min at most, than disconnects and goes to the next message stated. Every other time it just says it cannot display the webpage due to no connection, but again everything else works. Ive ran through my firewall, any restrictions, I did just install iolo system mechanic pro, but it was working fine than too. Currently Im not connected to my home network, army reasons, I will be able to attempt my home network in about 10 days, but until than I use facebook to communicate with my little sister in afghanistan and other friends, I really need to access this, if she goes on a mission and something happens ill never forgive myself for not being able to talk to her one last time. facebook is all we can use due to her deployment and internet access there. i will highly appreciate any feedback that could help, but Im tired of running through programs and have never encountered this before anywhere. thanks for any help ill let you know if it helps. also facebook is my homepage, dont know if that helps any of you.
jaymi_9891
jaymi_9891

Back to top Go down

I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help Empty Re: I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help

Post by Tim Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:52 pm

What internet network are you currently using? Is it possible that that network is blocking Facebook?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help Empty Fix for all facebook problems

Post by mohmedshakir Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 am

I had the very same problem. The solution is to change your DNS server settings to Google's server.
Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
This worked fine for me. Try it, this might work for you too...
The person who wrote this solution had CSS Broken problem. I had no network problem. Whatever it is, this worked for him and me both.
Happy chatting
mohmedshakir
mohmedshakir

Back to top Go down

I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help Empty Re: I cannot access facebook, but can access any other website...please help

Post by Ruby Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:57 pm

@jamyi9891
Have you yet tried this please

="mohmedshakir"]I had the very same problem. The solution is to change your DNS server settings to Google's server.
Go the Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.
Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.
Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
This worked fine for me. Try it, this might work for you too...
The person who wrote this solution had CSS Broken problem. I had no network problem. Whatever it is, this worked for him and me both.
Happy chatting
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down