Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Business Page

2 posters

Go down

Facebook Business Page Empty Facebook Business Page

Post by lisa.lomax Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am

I have my own web design company and my own Facebook business page. A client wants me to set up a Facebook Business Page for them but how do I set this up without my own clients seeing that I have set up a Facebook page for the other business when they will be able to see my email? I have tried using webmaster@.... to set up the other business account but Facebook won't accept that.
lisa.lomax
lisa.lomax

Back to top Go down

Facebook Business Page Empty Re: Facebook Business Page

Post by Tim Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:09 am

If you set up the Business Page for your client using your personal account, you do not have to add them to your personal account.

Simply ask them to 'Like' the business page, then you can transfer ownership to them (go into the list of fans who like the page, find the corresponding user, and click the 'Make Admin' button). Once you're done you can then remove yourself as an admin. No email address is revealed in this way.

Alternatively, you can create a business account (but do note that the official rules prohibit users from creating a business account if they already have a personal account. Thus this method is only suggested if your client does not have a personal Facebook account).
For more information on how to create a business account please check out our guide at the following link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa.lomax Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 am

thanks Tim, the client wants me to be the administrator too. I suppose I just don't want my own clients seeing who I am administering for by seeing my email address and I presume they can't from the business page, see my own personal page?
lisa.lomax
lisa.lomax

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Fans of the business page won't be able to see who administrates the page (ie. won't be able to see your profile), unless you specify otherwise. So if your client doesn't need to be the administrator of the page with you, then they won't be able to check your personal profile; you can safely use your personal profile to admin the page

If, however, they want to administrate the page with you then they will be able to see your personal profile. In that case you should probably adjust your privacy settings so that only your friends can see your full profile. You can also adjust your privacy settings so that only friends can see your email address.
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum