Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidental duplicate page

2 posters

Go down

Accidental duplicate page Empty Accidental duplicate page

Post by Frosty Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:19 am

Hello,
I registered for facebook so I could try and make my own page. But then after two days I wanted to login on facebook and it asked me to confirm my identity. So i had to enter my mobile phone number or something. But I am not going to give it to them.
And since my facebook account was only two days old, so basically empty, i just made a new facebook account.
But now i could no longer access the old fanpage i made. (I basically only created it and added an avatar, noting else)
So I had to create a new fan page as well.
Result, there are two fan pages about the exact same subject that I both created, but I can no longer access the first one anymore.
(it has only 1 admin and i cant login anymore on that account without verifying my phone number)

So is there anything I can do to get the first page removed?
I tried using the facebook help, but it is terrible, only a FAQ without a proper answer and nowhere an email to ask them....

Only thing that could possibly help so far that ive noticed was to go to the old page then "report page" -> "Duplicate or miscategorized page" -> "duplicate of another page" -> which page is it a duplicate of? -> enter the link -> "continu" -> "Please enter the name of the original page to submit this report."
So that doesnt work either Sad
Does someone know what to do in this case?
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Accidental duplicate page Empty Re: Accidental duplicate page

Post by Frosty Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:06 pm

No one replies, does this mean it is not possible to remove the other page?
Frosty
Frosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:06 am

Reporting it may work, just enter the name of the page. It should remove the one you reported, while leaving the original one intact.

However the best way would just be the confirm your identity, though not sure why it's asking for your confirmation after only a couple days.

If it helps, here's the official reason why they want verification: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down