Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security Check Roadblock

3 posters

Go down

Security Check Roadblock Empty Security Check Roadblock

Post by jonbowers Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 am

1. I go to log in to FB as normal with my username & password but am re-directed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. "Please complete this security check. ___ thanks for reporting this problem with your account. We've temporarily locked your account so no one else can log in as you. To regain control of your information, please complete this quick security check". – But I never reported a problem! The only option is to click the Continue button.

3. This brings me to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Step 1= "Verify Account. Choose verification method. Use your mobile phone" or "Already have a code?" (A code was sent to my email so I click on it).

4. This brings me to Confirm your account using your phone In order to confirm that you own this account, we need to send a security code to your phone (in a text message). Select which number you would like us to send the code to. Already have a code? I already have a code that was emailed to me so I click on "Already have a code?"

5. This brings me to "Please provide a response for the security check." The only option is to click on the "Confirm" button.

6. --This takes me back to Step 4 again! "Already have a code?" didn’t work so now I try "Send a text message to: my mobile number". Nothing happens. The page locks.

This happens over and over again. And has been going on for weeks!
Can someone help? Having read through other similar situations none are the same and I am now completely stuck.
jonbowers
jonbowers

Back to top Go down

Security Check Roadblock Empty Re: Security Check Roadblock

Post by Josh Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Try clearing your cookies and cache. If that doesn't solve the problem, try resetting your internet connection.
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Security Check Roadblock Empty Tried suggestions but still no joy

Post by jonbowers Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 am

I emptied the cache and that didn't work. Tried a completely different browser but it still brings me to the same place. Here is what happens:
1. I log into FB
2. It immediately brings me to the "Please complete this security check" page (step 2 below) and then I go back into the loop described below.

When I do the above on IE 64 bit, and the page hangs after I click "Continue" I see the error "facebook.com is not responding due to a long-running script". There is an option to "Stop script" which I click on. The error goes away but then nothing happens. I click on "Confirm" again and the error message reappears after a while. Basically I am till hung but in IE I get this message.

jonbowers
jonbowers

Back to top Go down

Security Check Roadblock Empty FB Response Unbelieveable!

Post by jonbowers Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:28 am

Facebook locked me out of my account and just to look at my problem requires me to send them an official government issue picture ID. This would mean that now Facebook has my:
Full Name
Official Photo
Signature
Phone number
Email addresses
Physical address
Names of all my friends and interactions
Date of birth
Place of birth
Personal info for id checks (i.e favorite color, mother's maiden name, etc.)

This cannot be a justifiable business practice. Identity theft is rampant and they (or an employee or a hacker) would have everything they need to take my identity!

If I cannot find an answer on these forums I will be faced with the following dilemma: Do I REALLY TRUST Facebook with my entire identity or should I move to Google+?
jonbowers
jonbowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:30 am

jonbowers wrote:Facebook locked me out of my account and just to look at my problem requires me to send them an official government issue picture ID. This would mean that now Facebook has my:
Full Name
Official Photo
Signature
Phone number
Email addresses
Physical address
Names of all my friends and interactions
Date of birth
Place of birth
Personal info for id checks (i.e favorite color, mother's maiden name, etc.)

This cannot be a justifiable business practice. Identity theft is rampant and they (or an employee or a hacker) would have everything they need to take my identity!

If I cannot find an answer on these forums I will be faced with the following dilemma: Do I REALLY TRUST Facebook with my entire identity or should I move to Google+?

This is what Facebook require for you to authenticate your ownership of the Facebook account

If you do not wish to trust Facebook then the simple answer is to quit using it maybe?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jonbowers Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:41 pm

You mention trust. Why should I trust them when there are so many better ways to solve this problem, with little risk to their customers, but they will not employ them? Facebook is only a slightly personal chat portal with pictures, not Fort Knox!

If they can figure out a better way to fix my account --that they broke-- than to divulge so much personal data, then I quit.

Terrible business model.
jonbowers
jonbowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:03 am

jonbowers wrote:You mention trust. Why should I trust them when there are so many better ways to solve this problem, with little risk to their customers, but they will not employ them? Facebook is only a slightly personal chat portal with pictures, not Fort Knox!

If they can figure out a better way to fix my account --that they broke-- than to divulge so much personal data, then I quit.

Terrible business model.

On the basis that you are quitting from Facebook

Sent to solved
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum