Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting to Lists - Who sees what

2 posters

Go down

Posting to Lists - Who sees what Empty Posting to Lists - Who sees what

Post by vittoria Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 pm

I always post to Lists, some including more people than others. My default post setting is one large List, but many times I use the Custom option and select one of the other Lists instead. Most of my friends also post to Lists, too.

Now this is the issue... in the News Feed certain friends' posts who use Lists show "Shared With: Custom" in the privacy area and that's it. For my own posts, and also for some other friends, our posts say Shared with...and it will name the first 7 names and then state how many others without naming the rest. Everyone is using Lists, not manually adding names. Why are some simply saying "Shared with: Custom" while others show the names? I would prefer mine to be seen as "Shared with: Custom" without having everyone on the list see the other names or how many are in that List.

It was my understanding from reading Facebook's Help area on Lists that using Lists would show the people within that list the names included but not the name of the List itself, which is how it's working for me but not others. Adding names manually was supposed to not show the names, but both methods are showing the names to those included in the posts.

Any tips? Thanks.
vittoria
vittoria

Back to top Go down

Posting to Lists - Who sees what Empty Re: Posting to Lists - Who sees what

Post by Fayde Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:42 am

Moved from Privacy Support to Abandoned Topics.

There have been no replies or contributions on this thread for two whole weeks. If you still require help, please make a new topic. You may place a link to your old topic on your new topic to give information to the people that will help you.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding!
Fayde
Fayde
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum