Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirm friends and 'friend lists'..

5 posters

Go down

Confirm friends and 'friend lists'.. Empty Confirm friends and 'friend lists'..

Post by Arioch Wolf Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 am

When i confirm a friends, 'friend invite', (on the 'Confirm requests' page), i add them to a specific list.

But when i go into my 'Recently added friends' Tab, it shows my friends as not belonging to any of my lists, and i have to add them manually to various lists...

Is that a particular bug of Facebook, or am i missing something??

Hope someone can help.. (and apologies if i've posted in the wrong thread!!)
Arioch Wolf
Arioch Wolf

Back to top Go down

Confirm friends and 'friend lists'.. Empty Re: Confirm friends and 'friend lists'..

Post by Admin Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:58 pm

You've posted in the right section by the way Tongue

Well I found this in the Facebook Help Center, you say this doesn't work?

To add someone to a Friend List when you accept their friend request, follow the steps below:
Click on a friend request.
Use the drop-down menu to select a Friend List that you have already created, or select "Create a New List…" if you want to make a new Friend List for this person.
Click "Confirm."
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Confirm friends and 'friend lists'.. Empty No this doesn't work for the lists

Post by CAFinNY Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:08 pm

even though the friend request is confirmed, the lists that they have been assigned to haven't been saved, so the next time is search for the friend, they are not on any lists.

I especially don't like this because it means that there is a time that they are not limited in what information they have access to on my account. If I put them in the Limited Profile list, they are not limited. Sad
CAFinNY
CAFinNY

Back to top Go down

Confirm friends and 'friend lists'.. Empty Re: Confirm friends and 'friend lists'..

Post by Tim Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:29 am

Have you tried going to the friends page, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , and adding your friend(s) to list(s) that way?
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch Wolf Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:12 am

Adding friends manually works..

It's just when you confirm friends invites and add them to various lists (like CAFinNY), they don't appear in those lists, so you have to end up adding them manually...
which defeats the object of being able to add them to lists, at the 'Add Friend' confirmation stage..
Arioch Wolf
Arioch Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:05 pm

If both of you are having the same problem it may be a bug, hope it gets fixed soon.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:52 am

Actually I've never really had that problem, because I don't bother with lists Tongue
Tim
Tim
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:31 am

==> Locked
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum