Social Media Support Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted

4 posters

Go down

Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted Empty Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted

Post by Josh Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Anthony Stancl, 19, from Wisconsin, admitted two counts of sexual assault and in return other more serious charges were dropped.
Prosecutors said he tricked boys into sending naked images of themselves, and then blackmailed the boys for sex.
Stancl, who said he had been depressed, faces up to 50 years in jail.
The case came to light after a 16-year-old pupil told the authorities he was being blackmailed.
After exchanging explicit pictures of himself with Stancl - who prosecutors said posed as a girl online - when he was 15, the boy had been told the images would be distributed around the school if he refused to perform sex acts.
The boy's images were among about 300 such pictures and videos of more than 30 male students at New Berlin Eisenhower High School, in south-east Wisconsin, that police found on Stancl's computer.
Waukesha County district attorney Brad Schimel said he was satisfied with the plea deal, which spared victims from having to appear in court - a key factor in his negotiations, the Associated Press news agency reported.
"I've never had a case where the victims and their families were more apprehensive about testifying," Mr Schimel was quoted by AP as saying.
"From the victims' perspective, they're relieved we're doing this."
Josh
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted Empty Re: Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted

Post by JayJay Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Sorry what does this have to do with FB?
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted Empty Re: Facebook sex-scam US teenager convicted

Post by Admin Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:47 pm

I was wondering the same.

==> Moved to World Issues
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Jj S. wrote:Sorry what does this have to do with FB?

Were the images posted on a link on Facebook ?

I was watching someone create a Facebook Profile ; how accurate IS that persons information; can that information be trusted as 'genuine and true'?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JayJay Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:19 pm

It said in the description that the images on Facebook were linked to his conviction still not much of a facebook thing sense this guys is totally crazy try to force other boys to have sex with them I mean wtf .
JayJay
JayJay
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Unfortunately I do not find such 'news ' surprising ; mankind will do all kinds of things to their fellow humans

I think it maybe depends on what standards we have been brought up with , how we respect and value ourselves and how others show us respect and value

A web site can be a very convenient portal to lure the unsuspecting into all kinds of nasty traps

Do you watch any Police etc programs to see what your fellow humans do to each other ?
Ruby
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 pm

ruby1 wrote:
Jj S. wrote:Sorry what does this have to do with FB?

Were the images posted on a link on Facebook ?

I was watching someone create a Facebook Profile ; how accurate IS that persons information; can that information be trusted as 'genuine and true'?

You have to modify your Privacy Settings to keep your information protected from strangers. Once you have done it you can say it's accurate.
Admin
Ultimate SN Fan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum